|chapter seventy-five|

I slowly let go of Tyler's jersey after a few minutes. When I look up at his face, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I mean, he has a slightly swollen left eye and bruises that are starting to form. I lift my hand to his cheek and graze it over his bruise. I'm about to say something, but stop when the football coach approaches us.

"Williams! What the hell was that?" I'm surprised that Tyler just shakes his head. He has zero explanation for what just happened. "Well, how about you and O'Connor go to the locker room and figure it out!" The coach's voice is ice cold and it makes me jump a little. Tyler nods to the coach and says "yes sir." I see the team helping Bryce off the ground. I decide against going to check on him because I know that will make this situation worse.

I reach down and grip Tyler's hand in mine. He gives me a small smile before leading us towards the locker room. I hear my friends footsteps behind us and their whispers about Tyler and I. They hope that maybe this situation would bring us back together. I wish it was that simple.

"Just leave them the fuck alone!" I stop walking when I hear Coco yell. I turn around to see her push Rebecca away from following us. "I'm so tired of this girl," I say mostly to myself than to Tyler. I'm about to walk towards Coco, but Tyler stops me. "I'll be back okay," he says breaking into a jog towards my friends. Tyler steps in between Rebecca and Coco. I anticipate something happening so I put hair up into a messy ponytail. I can see Rebecca's facial expressions go from happy to sad in a matter of seconds.

Her and Tyler's conversation doesn't last long. She looks at Tyler and gives me the evil eye before walking away with her friends. My friends and I both exchange shocked looks because none of us were expecting Tyler to say something. When Tyler walks back over to me, he doesn't even mention Rebecca. He simply takes my hand and starts walking towards the locker room.

I wonder if he finally told her to back off. My imagination starts running off as I think of how the conversation may have gone. "Rebecca, just let it go. We are fucking over," Tyler says in his manly voice. "Oh, please Tyler. I'm not finished kissing your ass and falling at your feet," Rebecca whines in her high-pitched bitch voice. 

"Did you hear me?" Tyler's voice brings me back to the real world. "Huh?" I asked. "Did you drive here?" Tyler asks in a low voice. "Nope. I rode with Reid. Why?" I asked. "Can I drop you off?" Tyler reaches his hand up and runs it through his hair. His actions tell me that he is nervous. As I'm about to answer, Bryce walks past us. I try to keep my eyes on Tyler, but they glance away for one second.

Bryce's face matches Tyler's appearance. However, he has a bloody lip while Tyler does not. I can tell from the slight redness of his skin that he is still pissed about what happened. When he doesn't even look at me, I somehow feel that I might be the reason they fought. I turn my attention back to Tyler and nod my head "yes". "Okay, I'm just going to go change real quick," he says in an unconcerned manner. I can tell my nervous expression on my face catches his attention. "Nothing is going to happen. I'll be right back," he says giving my hand a small squeeze. I've always wondered how guys fight and make-up the next day. Instead of worrying him more, I just say "okay". Tyler stalls a little bit. I get butterflies in my stomach when he licks his lips before walking into the locker room.

"So, you two smashing tonight?" I slap Reid's shoulder and he burst out laughing. "You two really need it. There is clearly some pint up energy," Coco says pointing at the field. "Cahlia, you have been a tad bit bitchy this week," Nova says, adding on to the list. I let out a shocked sigh and lean my back on the cement wall.

I will admit that I have been on edge this week. Everything little thing just seemed to irritate me. People popping their gum or constantly clicking their pens. I let my anger build up so much that I exploded on one of my classmates.