|chapter sixty-six|

I wake up to the sound of a machine beeping. My eyes slowly open as they attempt to adjust to the light in the room. I look down and see a tube with clear liquid running through an IV in my hand. I attempt to take it out, but someone's hand stops me.

"Lia, leave that in. Dr. Williams said you were extremely dehydrated." I blink a few times until my vision clears. I smile when I see my Uncle Jace sitting by my bedside. I look around the room and see a lot of chairs, but all of them are empty. "You had a full house, but I convinced them to go get some food. However, I had to work really hard to convince your boyfriend," Jace says with a soft laugh. I smile at the thought of Tyler not wanting to leave me. He really is a great guy.

"Now, can you tell me what happened?" Jace asks. I look down at my right hand and see that some of my fingers are taped up. "You fractured a few bones, but thankfully they aren't broken." I nod my head and give Jace a small smile. I take a deep breath in and start telling Jace what happened. I exclude the part about the flyers, but I tell him about the party and Rodrick's notebook page about me. I tell him that I fought Rodrick because he hit Nova, instead of hitting me.

"Why should he have hit you?" My uncle asks. "Because I hit him. Nova hasn't done anything to him, but he picked her because he knew she wouldn't fight back. However, clearly you see that I will," I say waving my hand around my surroundings. "Well, he shouldn't be touching either one of you. I would have had a word with him before he left." I look at Jace with a shocked face. "He left? Where?" I ask, sitting up a little in my bed. I don't make it far because my head starts hurting.

"You both came here together, but your injuries were a little more severe. I guess after Rodrick was discharged, his parents shipped him off somewhere. I talked to Principal Bell and he said Rodrick's parents withdrew him from school before even coming to the hospital." I let out a long "wow". My Uncle Jace just nods as if he is in disbelief as well. "Well, at least he is gone. I'm thankful for that," I say, letting out a calm breath. As I'm reaching over to grab my water bottle, I get the worst headache in my life. I close my eyes tightly shut and bring my hand to my head.

"Lia, you okay?" I can't even answer Jace's question because the pain is so excruciating. "Shit, I'll be right back." I hear him shuffle out of his seat and run out of the room. I try to lay down, but that just makes my head hurt worse. I hear Jace yelling in the hallway for some help. That's when nausea hits me like a freight train. I open my eyes a little and grab the pink basin near my bed. I immediately start throwing up and it seems as if it never ends.

"We're here. What's going on sweetie?" I recognize the voice without having to look up. "My head hurts so bad. Please, help me," I beg when I finally stop throwing up. Mrs. Williams comes to gently rub my back and presses the nurse call button on my bed. She tells the nurse to bring different medications and another basin. "I got you baby girl," she whispers as she gently rubs my back. Mrs. Williams dims the lights in my room and I'm able to finally open my eyes.

Three nurses rush into my room, each carrying multiple things. One nurse takes my basin, while the other one checks my IV. The other one is getting the medication together with the assistance of Mrs. Williams. Jace tries to stay out of all the nurses' way and it's kind of funny.

"This shot will help with the nausea and this pill will help with the headaches." I nod my head 'okay' as Mrs. Williams administers the shot. She hands me my water so I can take the pill. "When you passed out at school, you hit your head on the cement ground. That caused you to have a minor concussion and we've been monitoring you all day," Mrs. Williams says, gently rubbing my hair. "Thanks, Dr. Williams." She smiles at me while all the nurses leave the room.

As they are leaving, my full house enters. I'm not surprised to see Tyler in the front of the crowd. His eyes light up when he sees that I'm awake. He pushes his fast-food bag into Parker's hands and quickly walks to my bed. "I'm moving," his mom says, with a humorous smile. Before she can even step away, Tyler engulfs me into his muscular arms. I hold him tighter, never wanting to let go. "You scared the shit out of me Cahlia," he says, kissing the top of my head.