|chapter sixty-four|

"Hey guys. What's up?" I place my bookbag down and walk further into the room. Both of them look caught off by my calm demeanor. "Absolutely nothing babe," Tyler says getting out of the bed. When he gets out, I see he is still wearing the same clothes from this morning. I soothe his nervous state by pulling him into my body and placing a tender kiss on his lips. His hand gently grips the back of my neck, deepening our kiss. We only stop when Rebecca says "umm, hello Lia."

I break from Tyler's kiss and wipe the edges of my lips. "Hey, Rebecca. How have you been?" I can sense the tension in her voice when she answers my question. "Oh, just reminiscing about old times. I see you've moved into the guest room." I notice that she completely ignored the question I asked her. Before I can answer, Tyler starts talking. "Yep, and I love it." He wraps his arm around my waist and I lean into his body.

"Aww, you two are so cute." I can tell there is a hint of sarcasm in her voice. That's the moment that I decide to end this tension between us.

"Rebecca, can you and I go talk in my room for a minute? It won't take long." Tyler looks down at me in confusion. "It's a girl thing," I tell him before moving out of his grip and grabbing Rebecca. She struggles a little, but I don't give her the option to say 'no'. We leave Tyler's room and walk into mine. I close the door behind us and go sit on the edge of the bed.

"Come sit," I say, patting the space next to me. Rebecca hesitates before coming to sit down. I cross my legs and turn to face her. "So, I know you still love Tyler. It's pretty obvious to me." She turns to me and I immediately stop her from telling me a lie. "Listen, I understand that he was your first and maybe that's why you can't seem to let him go. However, Rebecca, you hurt him when you cheated on him." My voice is stern but soft.

She drops her head down and looks at her hands. "I know. I feel shitty about that," she says in a low voice. I don't sugarcoat anything and tell her exactly what I think. "You should. You should also feel shitty for trying to get him back, knowing he is in a relationship with me. After what you did Rebecca, Tyler was broke, but I was able to put him back together. You need to stop with the skimpy outfits and flirtatious actions. Not only is it disrespectful to me, but you're disrespecting Tyler by not accepting his new relationship." I stop and let my words sink in.

"No, I would never want to disrespect Tyler. I just thought...that maybe there was a chance. But then I saw all of his Instagram posts from his Labor Day vacation with you. I'm happy to see him finally smiling. I just wished he was smiling because of me." By the sniffle sound that comes from her, I know she is on the verge of crying.

"Listen, just be happy that he's found someone. Maybe you can work on a friendship instead. Tyler and I really need you to stop all the scheming because at this point he doesn't even want to be your friend. However, I will talk to him if you promise me you are done trying to interfere with our relationship." I put emphases in my last words. Rebecca looks up and gives me a small smile. "I swear and I'm sorry Cahlia," she says wiping the tears from her eyes. I give her a smile in return before getting up and walking to my bathroom.

I bring back a few tissues. "Thanks for the apology," I say, handing her the tissues. Out of nowhere, she stands up and gives me a hug. My arms cautiously wrap around her. The hug lasted for a few seconds. "I guess we should head back," I say, moving towards my bedroom door. As we get closer to Tyler's room, Rebecca speaks up.

"I'm going down to hang with the parents. Make sure my parents don't say anything embarrassing." I give her an appreciative smile for finally backing off of my relationship. She smiles back at me before heading downstairs. I turn back around and walk into Tyler's room.

When I walk in, Tyler grabs my hands to look at my fist. "I can talk to people without fighting them, you know." He softly laughs and pulls my hands up to his lips. "I know. Is everything good?" I grab the hem of Tyler's shirt and pull him closer to me. "Everything is perfect," I say pulling us to where my back is leaning on his bedroom door.