|chapter fifteen|

"Pass the popcorn," Nova says and I hand her the food. My friends and I are sitting in the football stands, waiting for the game to start. I am so happy it's finally Friday and I made it through my first week of school. Nothing has changed much.

I was still pissed off at Bryce for the car situation so we haven't talked. Sabrina didn't wear her uniform yesterday, but I know she will wear it tonight. That's the only thing my friends and I have been thinking about.

"Holy shit, here they come," Reid says and we turn to see our football team running out of the tunnel. Our opponents, Howson Hawks, run out of the other tunnel. Our school made sure we had one of the best football stadiums in California.

Maybe that's why the tuition went up.

Everyone stands up while the last players enter and remain standing till the cheerleaders run over to the home side. I smile when I see no one running behind Sabrina, meaning she doesn't know about the shirt. Every time she begins to turn around I get anxious.

Our team won the coin toss and they decide to receive the ball. I'm not going to lie, Bryce looked fine in his football uniform.

No Cahlia, forget about him. Focus on Sabrina.

As the Hawks are about to kick the ball off, every cheerleader turns around. The moment Sabrina turns around, I see the audience trying to read the writing on her shirt. Nova, Coco, Reid, and I just burst out laughing along with everyone in the audience. Some of the adults looked disgusted, while most of the students laughed.

I hear the click of so many phones and so many "oh, shits". The cheerleaders hear the commotion behind them and they turn around. They all have puzzled looks on their faces and I'm out of breath from laughing so hard.

The next thing I know, a male voice yells, "hey Sabrina, I always took you for a swallower!" The crowd starts laughing so much I saw actual tears. This is the best thing ever and I don't take it back. She looks at us in confusion until one of her friends notices the writing. She runs over and whispers something in her ear.

She looks shocked and her eyes immediately land on me. I give her a nice little wave and smile. She stays glaring at me for a good 5 minutes before taking off and running back through the tunnel.

"I don't spit. I always swallow." Reid is looking at me and his face is red. "How the hell did you come up with that?" I shrug and smile at him. The crowd is still laughing until we score our first touchdown during the 1st Quarter.

The 2nd Quarter starts off slow, but we are leading 14-0. Bryce has glanced at me a few times, but I pretend not to notice. When Sabrina returns to the field everyone is watching her.

"I hope she at least checked the second shirt," Coco says. I honestly feel like she should have, but of course, she didn't. "Damn, this girl is dumb," Nova says and I just nod at her.

When oblivious Sabrina turns her back to the crowd again; the laughter just picks up where it left off. I feel like this shirt is worse than the one before, but I don't feel bad. She notices everyone laughing again and sadly tries to look at the back of her shirt.

The guy that said something before was back at it again. "Sabrina, is your body count 34?" This just sets the audience off including me. Her shirt this time said: Your age*2= my body count.

The same girl from earlier walks over to Sabrina to tell her what's on her shirt. When she looks up at me this time, I can tell the claws are out. I was so distracted by the drama that I didn't realize it was halftime. Sabrina is still staring at me while the Hawks do their performance.