|chapter sixty-nine|

I open up the microwave and pull out the bag of popcorn. I place the bag on the counter as I look through the cabinets for a bowl. I finally find one, but I have to get on my tip toes to reach it. As I'm reaching, I feel a warm hand graze up my leg.

"I love the easy access to your legs," Tyler says easily grabbing the bowl from the cabinet. I'm wearing this oversized T-shirt that I forgot I had.

 I'm wearing this oversized T-shirt that I forgot I had

"I bet you do. Did you like the shower?" I take the bowl from Tyler and set it on the counter. "Oh yes. I honestly didn't want to come out. You know, we could have a lot of fun in there." We both raise our eyebrows at each other as I pour the popcorn into the bowl. "How are you always on go?" I ask, popping some popcorn into my mouth.

When we got to my apartment, Tyler and I didn't even make it to my bedroom. We had a quickie on my couch before going to his house to get some clothes.

Tyler gently laughs at my question as we go sit on the sofa. "Have you seen yourself, babe? Anything you do puts me on go." I laugh as I plop down on the couch. Tyler sits down next to me and pulls my legs across his lap. 

"I'm a little happy your mom said I couldn't go to school this week," I say as I go through the Netflix movie list. "I'm super jealous," Tyler says, grabbing some popcorn. "Aww, don't be. I'm going to have so much shit to make up when I get back." I softly kick Tyler when he jokingly says, "I'm definitely not helping with that."

"I was just kidding. You know I will help you, but your number one in our class. How much help can I truly offer?" Tyler softly rubs my legs extended over his lap. "Wow, I didn't know my boyfriend could be so humble. You're ranked number two, Tyler. That's amazing." Tyler smiles at me and his cheeks turn a little pink.

"You know, we've never talked about our plans after graduation," Tyler says. I watch as he takes one of his fingers and trails it down to my toes. I can sense the sudden concern coming from him. "Tyler, tell me what's wrong." I keep my legs in his lap, but I move forward to where they are bent over his.

"I know we still have a lot of days until graduation, but what happens after? Are we going to continue 'this'?" He asks, moving his finger back and forth between us. I find a little comfort in Tyler being concerned about the same thing I was. "Tyler, I was thinking about the same thing. I mean, I want to go to UCLA. What about you?" I sit up more, as does Tyler. He still has my legs across his lap, but he wraps his arm around them. "I've received a few offers to play football from different schools," Tyler says calmly. "What? Babe, that's amazing! Which schools?" I move my legs and spread them across Tyler's lap.

"Ugh, I don't know. It's just so much pressure to decide which offer to take. Instead of stressing about it, I kind of put it on the backburner." He runs one of his hands through his hair, while the other wraps around my waist. I notice that he didn't mention what schools he received offers from. "Tyler, what are the schools?" I lean slightly back while sitting on his lap. He moves his hands to his lap and fiddles with his fingers. "UCLA, Alabama, Auburn, Florida, and Georgia," Tyler says in a low voice.