Chapter 1

Dedicated to: Maybelle Ann Soriano Sison

Chapter 1 Beginning

In Nemetio Spiran with weather that reflects in every emotion of their rulers, it isn't unusual if we experience winter today, summer tomorrow, a sudden storm, or even spring on the following days. But what's more surprising is if the weather remains stable for a week.

I know that controlling their abilities and power is one of the best things that a royalty should have. They shouldn't be careless about it. But when the Gazellians are in the castle— in a place where they could feel safe and vulnerable, they let their emotions flow.

Our King and Queen have nothing against it.

Ngunit kapag talagang sobra na ay nagsasalita na si Haring Dastan, kaya ngayon ay nag-aalala na ako na baka mamaya ay pagsabihan na si Zen.

Parsua Sartorias has been quiet and calm for the past few weeks. Even the military training has been altered because of the continuous storm snow. Every time I looked outside of the castle, all I could see were gray and white.

"Zen, is this because of you? It's been two weeks since it started snowing."

Lumingon sa labas ng bintana si Zen. His lips prodded before he looked into my eyes. He shook his head. "Parsua Sartorias has its own winter, baby."

Pangalawang araw na simula ng bumalik dito si Zen after he went into some mission. He's been expecting that he'd use his vacation time playing with his daughter, but Divina has been occupied by her new coloring books.

"I am just worried. Are you upset about something?"

Saglit akong tinitigan ni Zen bago siya muling yumuko kay Divina. "No. Why would I be upset?"

All I could hear in our room was Divina's murmur and humming while coloring her books, and Zen's constant complaints. Kung tutuusin ay silang dalawang mag-ama naman talaga ang laging may problema. Samantalang ako ay pinili ko na lang abalahin ang sarili sa pagbabasa ng libro tungkol sa mga halamang gamot.

I sat on the winged chair near the fireplace where I could hear the soothing sound of the cracking woods, making me feel warm beneath the thick blanket around my shoulders. I also have a cup of hot tea on my small table.

Hindi ko alam kung bakit mas nilalamig ako kumpara sa mag-ama na iyon na nakahilata sa carpet. I am also a vampire, but I think I wouldn't get used to this extreme weather of this world.

Well, Zen is the snow prince, but how about my Divina?

Zen's literally wearing a thin white Victorian long sleeves, three buttons undone, and he tucked it into his black pants. This is his usual outfit during his normal days in the castle, while Divina's always with her extravagant dress with expensive stones. I noticed that she likes to wear gold dresses recently.

Today's one of the typical lazy days of Zen and Divina.

Zen was side lying on the carpet, with one of his hands supporting his bored face, while the other one was consistently poking Divina's cheeks. She's too engrossed with her new coloring book. She didn't even care about her father who has been asking her to play with him.

Divina's lying on her stomach with her legs flapping happily. The crayons were all over the carpet as well as her new coloring books, and she's been humming while tilting her head.

I shouldn't forget to thank Naha for these coloring books.

"Zen Lancelot Gazellian," tawag ko.

Dumiin na ang titig ko sa Prinsipe ng mga Nyebe nang akma na naman niyang tutusukin ang pisngi ni Divina. "She's busy. Bakit hindi ka na lang magtungo sa labas? Help your brothers."