Chapter 12

Dedicated to: Stifany Dianne Villas

Chapter 12: Sick

How can the time slow down and run quickly at the same time?

I thought it was impossible, but the moment I saw that mixture of surging black and red smoke running wildly in front of me, as my eyes widened while trying to pull my hand to protect my daughter, I just realized that it can tragically happen.

The danger was coming, but my whole body suddenly felt heavy, and in a blink of an eye, I was stabbed.

"Mama!"

I felt so terrified at the sight of my tearful daughter, extending her little hand, and asking to be saved. I was quivering in fear, in pain, and was about to collapse with the sudden stab in my chest, but I mustered all my remaining strength to grab her hand, but all it did was brush the tips of hers.

"D-Divina. . ."

Right before my eyes, I witnessed how my daughter begged for me to be saved. "No. . ."

My knees collapsed, clutching my chest with the dripping blood and tears sliding down my cheeks, one of my shaking hands on the wall as I uttered my daughter's name repeatedly.

She's too young for this. She shouldn't have experienced this. Why am I so weak? Why didn't I notice that fucking presence! Why am I so slow? Why can't I protect my own child?

I shouted with all my pain, frustrations, anger, and fear for my daughter.

I pressed my head on the wall as I cried loudly in the middle of the hallway, trying to heal myself with my own power, still with the dagger in my chest. I could feel the intense heat coming from my own hand as the familiar white light pushed inside my wound as if my power's also emitting its own wind around my whole body.

"C-Claret!"

Malakas na sigaw ni Zen ang sunod kong narinig. Ngunit hindi man lang iyon nagbigay ng higit na lakas sa akin.

My head was still leaning on the wall and when I tried to move it to watch Zen, miserably running desperately to reach me, my eyes darkened against him.

Hindi pa man siya nakakarating sa akin ay kusa na akong bumuga ng sarili kong dugo. Pilit kong ginagamot ang sarili ko ngunit hindi iyon agad tinatanggap ng sarili kong katawan.

Behind him I saw how Kreios and Rosh looked horrified to witness something they couldn't imagine. Who wouldn't? Sinong mag-aakala na bigla na lang magkakaroon ng ganitong pag-atake? Sa panahong inaasahan naming lahat na maaaring nagkamali lang kami nang inakala.

But Kreios recovered himself, he left Rosh, and stood still on his place, shaken to the scene.

"C-Claret, baby. . ." mas lalo akong napaluha nang marinig ang pagtawag niya.

Habang papalapit siya sa akin at akma na akong aabutin, hindi ko na napigilan ang sarili ko. I know that I might die if I pulled the dagger from my chest, but as someone who can no longer hold her anger, I'd care no more.

Because before Zen Lancelot Gazellian could have reached me, I violently jumped unto him, with my raging tears, hatred, and clasped trembling hands around the dagger, with my own dripping blood from the tip of it.

"Y-You fucking sold our daughter!" I shouted with the rumbling lighting and thunder outside the castle— giving Zen the silhouette of my shaking body, fiery igniting eyes of despair, desperate to give him the same pain.

Because it wasn't just a stab, the moment the dagger entered my chest, it shared memories of the past— Zen's past when we were cursed.

How could he hold his flesh for his own happiness?! What kind of conscience does he have?