Chapter 67

Chapter 67: Explosion

The sudden green light with the whistling sound like a huge searing ancient bird, and the way it illuminated in the middle of the darkness, made me remember that certain scene when I visited the human world.

Her arrows might be on point from those little hands filled with cuts and bandages, but it wasn't as powerful as what my eyes could witness right now.

I felt the hot tears gliding down my cheeks, as I suddenly remembered how I felt to touch those little hands, the way I stared with her innocent eyes, and how I begged for her to grow up and help me in this world.

And now that she's finally here. . .

The second goddess from the ancient mirror of the blue fire— Kezalli and her green arrows.

Her silhouette on the highest tree, the way she almost covered the glistening moon behind her, her short hair swaying with the wind, and how she expertly pulled another arrow from her back.

She was no longer that innocent child, but a warrior in her arrows.

My knees trembled and my whole body collapsed on the ground, not because of fear, but relief. I covered my trembling lips as I stared at her.

Maging sina Zen at Rosh na siyang nasa unahan ay napako sa kanilang mga posisyon nang sandaling dumaan ang tuwid na liwanag na iyon.

"What the hell—" halos hindi na maituloy ni Rosh ang sasabihin niya.

"Cora. . . Pearl. . ." I uttered.

I tried to look around to find them, when they finally appeared beside me, whisked by another power.

But what made me surprise more was the man who rescued the goddesses. Kapwa nakayakap ang mga braso nina Cora at Pearl sa leeg ni Haring Tobias habang ang mga braso ng hari'y nagsilbing upuan ng mga babae.

"K-king Tobias," I blinked twice.

I almost didn't recognize him. What's with his sudden. . .?

Ipinilig ko ang ulo ko. I shouldn't act confused right now. Hindi pa nagsisimula ang aming laban.

"Sinong pakialamera ang nangahas—" iritadong lumingon si Mitchelle Thundilior kay Kezalli na ngayon ay kasalukuyan nang nakahandang bitawan ang panibago niyang pana.

"Zen. . ."

Hindi na hinintay pa nina Zen at Rosh ang malakas na tawag ko sa kanila.

Because the moment Mitchelle Thundilior switched her attention to Kezalli, Zen, and Rosh brought themselves in front of that highest tree.

And the two princes showed their iconic image on every battlefield. How Zen bent one of his knees with one of his icy fists, blowing frosty mist on the ground, and how Prince Rosh playfully twirled a torn of red rose in front of his chest.

"You can't lay a finger on her," Rosh uttered with his red eyes.

"Not a chance," Zen added.

When I thought that everything in this forest was cleansed, the sudden grumbling sound of the ground, and how I saw the crawling fault line around us, made me think that there's more— As long as Atlas is alive and he's been seeing every opportunity to use his blood and control every innocent weakling in this world. 

Dahil nagmumula na sa bitak ng lupa ang mga alagad ni Atlas na halos hindi ko na malaman kung saang hayop nagmula.

As if he's trying to remove the origin and identity of his puppets.

Kapwa kami napatingala ni Tobias nang makarinig kami ng malakas na ingay sa itaas, at nanlaki ang mga mata ko nang makita si Seth na lumilipad at sa kumakaway na batang buhat niya.