Chapter 72

Chapter 72: The Visitors

Humigpit ang yakap ko sa leeg ni Kezalli habang patuloy siya sa pagtakbo at  hinahabol ang anino ni Atlas.

Granny already told me the story of Atlas and Veda. She told me that I was still too young to realize the reasons for Atlas.

I even heard how he tried to kill Mama, Papa, and the rest of the princes of the prophecy. He harmed the innocent people of the old village, he took Veda as his hostage, he manipulated an old man, he tried to abduct me, he used the innocent lives of children, and he erased memories of love in this village,  he's using the innocent animals, and he has an evil sidekick named Mitchelle Thundilior. And worst, he's planning to overthrow King Dastan and Queen Leticia.

"Kezalli, what if he's really not. . ."

She laughed. "Bad? Don't get confused, Divina! Yes, he's handsome, but he's bad. He almost killed those goddesses! He hurt your mother and father! I know that it's our weakness, but let's not get confused. He's a pure evil. And we should stop him!"

"Yes! Yes!" I nodded at her.

Kezalli climbed up the stairs with her admirable speed. It's really amazing to see her in action as if she's been in this world for a long time.

I couldn't help but compare Mama and Kezalli since they are both from the mirror. If Mama's always delicate, pristine, and feminine with that warm smile and gaze, with the soft touch of her hand, Kezalli's too different she's too bright, wild, and full of life. She's like her arrow— surging, sharp, and strong.

"You are so great, Kezalli. You don't look afraid and hesitant as if you've been exposed in this world."

"You mean running and chasing? My little Divina, in the human world I was never pampered. I grew up alone and was exposed to the wildest life. I've seen the worst in the human world that I couldn't think of fear anymore."

Humigpit ang yakap sa kanya. "It's must be tough living alone, Kezalli."

She silently nodded.

The stair was too long and it suddenly became spiral. I was already massaging my forehead when Kezalli stopped running. "It's not going to end."

"I am getting dizzy," I said.

"We have to think of the way to end this stairs. We're not going to reach it no matter how I tried to run. Bumaba ka muna, Divina." Ibinaba niya ako sa hagdan at binuksan niya ang kanyang bag na nakasabit sa katawan niya.

"Wow. You have more magical equipment?"

"I asked Tobias. Since I know that I still don't have that super strength or any possible power aside from my arrows, I asked him for some tools."

"Do you have guns?"

"Does it work here?"

Naupo na kami sa hagdan at ikinalong ni Kezalli ang bag niya at kapwa kami sumilip doon. "Where is it?"

Ilang beses niyang kinapa ang bag niya bago siya may hilahin doon. "A rope?"

"Yes! We need a rope. Why do we need these magical stairs if we can use a rope to reach that floor?"

"You're so smart, Kezalli!" I clapped in front of her.

"Of course. Sanay na akong umakyat-akyat sa mundo ng mga tao."

"Why?"

She almost choked. "O-Of course, nagtrabaho ako dati sa circus. Iyong tumutulay sa alambre? Umaakyat din ako minsan."

Namilog ang mga mata ko. "I've seen that! During Parsua Deltora's festival! There are performing groups, and one of them can walk in the thin rope with lions below them!"