Chapter 31

Chapter 31: Wishes

DIVINA ESPERANZA AMOR GAZELLIAN

"During celebration or after a war, princes, princesses, warriors, and different creatures of the empires gather together to have a banquet. Usually, they drink alcohol, have a musical parade, and even dance around the fire, but for a child like you, you are only allowed to drink milk. But of course, you can always join the singing and dancing." Mama told me with a smile.

"But if you grow older you can always drink with me," Papa said with a wink.

"Zen!"

Mama hit him on the shoulder, but my Papa laughed. He rolled his lazy body on the bed and played with my long pillow as he threw it repeatedly in the air. I jumped on top of his body, he failed to catch the pillow which was now on the floor and he grimaced because of my weight.

"Mabigat na si Sutil namin," Papa grinned as he pinched my cheeks.

I imitated him and pinched his cheeks as well. While Mama's giggling on our side. Until I attacked Papa with my usual kisses.

"Now let's kiss your Mama," Papa and I got up and attacked Mama with our kisses.

"I forgot to tell you! Aunt Naha gave me more books! She taught me how to read!"

"Really? Is that from the human world again?" Papa asked and I nodded.

Bumaba na muna ako sa kama at kinuha ko ang binigay sa akin ni Aunt Naha na books. I excitedly climbed up our bed as Mama and Papa's waiting for me. Mama's already leaning her back on Papa's chest so I crawled to my Mama and leaned my back on her. I opened the storybook and started to read them the story.

"Cinderella turned into a beautiful lady with shining dress! I want to have a fairy godmother as well."

"Isn't King Dastan your fairy godmother? Ask him right now, he'll grant it for you," Papa said with his laughter.

"But King Dastan doesn't have a glowing stick. . ."

"He doesn't need to have," hinawakan ni Papa ang gold dress ko. "Isn't this dress from King Dastan?"

I pouted my lips and turned to the next page.

"Of course, King Dastan is different. A fairy godmother is something else, don't worry, you'll find your own fairy godmother, Divina." Mama patted my head. "Stop it, Zen."

"I will tell this to King Dastan," Papa said while trying to imitate my usual words when he was annoying me.

"Papa's always a killjoy."

"Why are you asking for a fairy? You're a vampire with fangs. You also wished to be a what? Pink werewolf? You're a vampire princess."

"Zen!"

When I turned to look at my Papa, Mama's already glaring at him. I pouted my lips and continued flipping the storybook.

"The quash turned into a beautiful carriage—"

"We have a number of beautiful carriages in here," Papa added.

"This is a children's book, Zen!" My Mama said irritatingly. I looked at Papa until I cried.

"I will tell this to King Dastan!"

My Papa laughed while Mama's scolded him.

I closed my book, jumped on our bed, and went inside our room. Why does Papa love to bully me?

I was clutching my book while running to King Dastan's bedroom. I placed my storybook under my armpit as I tiptoed to open the golden doorknob of the King's room.