Chapter 75

Chapter 75: Flute

Papa carried me. He was trying to ask me if I was feeling okay, tapping my cheeks and calling my name, but my attention was on Kezalli, her bleeding nose, her closed eyes, and how King Tobias looked so desperate, wrecked, helpless, and murderous at the same time.

What happened to her? Did Atlas do something about her? But Atlas was with me.

Why Kezalli's eyes were closed? Why was her nose bleeding right now?

"P-Papa. . . is she okay?"

I started wiping my tears with my palms. Is it Divina's fault? I shouldn't have left Kezalli on the other side of that wall of fire. I should have stayed beside her.

Prince Rosh was pacing back and forth with his hands on his waist while glancing at Kezalli. While Mama, Freya, Cora, and Pearl were around them with their glowing hands.

For the very first time, I saw how King Tobias looked so afraid. While Prince Blair and Prince Seth were staring blankly at the scene.

"What happened? What did you see?" tanong ni Papa sa akin.

Natigil sa paglalakad si Prince Rosh at agad siyang nakalapit sa akin. I want to tell them the truth. I want to tell them that we've talked to Atlas and we had a conversation with him— that he threatened our lives multiple times but he didn't mean it.

He gave me cookies and he loves Princess Veda— that he has a story to tell like any of us. But just like what Grandfather King told me when we were drinking milk— that in every story there's always a villain and a hero, and Atlas chose to be the bad guy.

"I'm sorry, Prince Rosh. . ."

Until we heard how Kezalli gasped. She abruptly opened her eyes and started coughing, and instead of looking at King Tobias her eyes immediately looked at me. "D-Divina. . . where's Divina?"

And when our eyes met each other, she sighed, smiled and her hand flew on her forehead. "I'm glad. I am glad that you're okay."

Napapahid siya sa kanyang luha habang pilit na natatawa sa kanyang pagkakasalampak sa lupa. "Gosh, this world is definitely too adventurous and heart wrecking for a human girl like me!"

Mama smiled weakly at her. "Welcome to Nemetio Spiran, Kezalli."

"And we're just getting started, right?"

Mama nodded.

"What happened to you?" King Tobias asked seriously.

This time he doesn't look worried, but annoyed. "What happened to your journey?" saglit sumulyap sa akin si King Tobias.

Kung kanina ay nasa akin ang atensyon ni Kezalli at kay Mama, ngayon ay napansin na niya si King Tobias na nakahawak pa rin sa baywang niya.

I saw how Kezalli's usual smile mellowed. She sighed again until she wrapped her arms around King Tobias' neck, she leaned the side of her head on his chest, and slowly closed her eyes. "I am so blessed that even if I was brought into this complicated world, fate gave me a very handsome king."

I saw how Mama, Freya, Cora, and Pearl sighed in relief. Prince Rosh rolled his eyes, Prince Seth and Prince Blair looked away, and Papa shook his head. "She's fine."

"I know that we have to give her time to rest, but I think we really need to question Kezalli for what happened," sabi ni Papa.

King Tobias was about to open his mouth when Kezalli stopped him, she smiled and nodded to everyone. "Of course. Divina and I are willing to share our little field trip."