Chapter 36

Chapter 36: White Tiger

Since Uncle Caleb's disappearance, Papa has always been grumpy at me. He's always watching me as if I have Mama's book again. Even when I am playing with Dawn and Dusk, he's always there at the side. I couldn't even sneak out to talk with Grandfather King.

The only room that I am Papa free is King Dastan's room. Before when I opened King Dastan's room, I'd see quickly King Dastan's laying body on his bed with Levi, but now's different since Queen Leticia has returned.

But her returns means. . . Grandmother Queen's disappearance. She left letters to everyone and Papa never shares them with me when I asked him.

I was hanging on the doorknob when I opened the door, I got everyone's attention.

"V-vina!" Levi happily called me.

Bumitaw ako sa doorknob ng pintuan ni Haring Dastan na paborito kong bitinan. I heard that King Dastan has been changing his doorknob every month before Dawn and I have this habit of playing on his door.

Kinuha ko ang coloring books ko na ibinaba ko sa sahig bago ako muling pumasok sa silid ni Haring Dastan, isinarado ko na ang pinto at nagmadali na akong tumakbo at sumampa sa kama.

Queen Leticia's wearing a silky white dress with ruffles, and King Dastan was right, I have the same wavy long hair as the queen, but hers glisten with the sunlight.

Levi's playing a carriage-like toy from the human world, but Aunt Naha called it a car. She even told us that in the human world they don't usually use carriages and horses, but cars. The cars are transforming into giants and it also flies!

"Divina. . ." Queen Leticia smiled at me.

She was sitting with her folded legs, her hand was holding the back of Levi while the other one was holding a toy car to play with Levi, while King Dastan was side lying on his bed again, he's behind Queen Leticia, more relaxed and with those mellowed eyes.

Habang tumatagal nakikita ko na si Haring Dastan kay Papa sa tuwing magkasama sila ni Mama sa kuwarto. And I am happy for that! This means that my king finally had his time to feel at ease, now that Queen Leticia's here with him.

"Are you here to color your books again?"

I nodded the King Dastan. Ibinigay ko rin kay Levi iyong book na lagi niyang hinihiram sa akin pero masyado siyang abala sa bagong laruan na ibinigay sa kanya ni Aunt Naha.

Lumapit ako sa tabi nina Haring Dastan at Reyna Leticia at nagsimula na akong magkulay sa book ko. Queen Leticia patted my head.

"Nagtatalo pa rin ba kayo ng iyong ama?"

Among my aunts, Queen Leticia still has that way of speaking, she's always formal. Sabi ni Mama, ganoon daw talaga ang purong diyosa na katulad niya. Most of us were encourage speaking formally when we have visitors, but I like how I talk now, just like Aunt Naha.

"Y-yes, nagtatalo pa rin po kami ni ama." I said.

King Dastan chuckled and poked the tip of my nose. "I've already scolded you and Dawn, and it's not your fault. That idiot Caleb and the way he spoils you is way too—" King Dastan shook his head.

Tumawa na rin si Reyna Leticia. "Hindi ba kayo naiiba ni Caleb?"

Marahang hinawakan ni Haring Dastan ang dulo ng ilang hibla ng buhok ni Reyna Leticia. "Mahal ko, ika'y aking reyna, kaya magagawa kitang patawarin sa mga salitang iyan."

Lumapit na ako kay Levi at marahan akong yumuko para bumulong sa kanya. "King Dastan's flirting with your Mommy."

I spent my whole day coloring books with Levi with Queen Leticia's attention on us, while King Dastan's on the queen playing with her hair with his fingers.