Chapter 48

AN/ I've been away from my laptop for the past few days. Sorry. I hope you'll stay until the last chapter of this book. Wala pa tayo sa exciting part. Haha!

Chapter 48: Form

"Because you know that I can kill you."

The corner of the demon's lips quirked up in amusement as if my words couldn't terrify him.

I don't know about him yet. I never heard of his name in any history of Nemetio Spiran, and no Gazellian has ever mentioned him before, but his unfathomable presence, the confidence, and his every expression without any trace of fear gave me this overwhelming tension.

Unang tama pa lang ng mga mata ko sa kanya ay alam kong hindi na siya birong kalaban. At ang kaalamang nagawa niyang itago ang sarili niya nang ganito sa napakahabang panahon?

But I know that I couldn't rely on anyone but myself. I've sent Cora and Pearl to protect those children. As much as possible, I should deal with this Atlas right now.

And if I couldn't kill him right now, at least I have to give him heavy damage that would hinder him in the future, just like what happened to one of his arms.

As I spread my feet on the ground, hands outstretched in front of me, body slightly bent, beaded sweats gliding down my face, and eyes veering on him, heart pounding like a hammer, he was still there, grinning and  standing with his broken arm encircling with moving shadows around it— as if replacing it with his black smoke.

Bago pa niya tuluyang palitan ng itim na usok ang kanyang putol na braso ay nagmadali na akong sumugod sa kanya.

With the usual illuminating circle of every spell of a priestess with symbols and letters, my own spell appeared below my feet, giving me the intensity to push myself toward him.

One of the best things I've learned from the Ice Prince of Sartorias is how he fights in battlefield. Kung dati ay ang tanging nagagawa ko lang ay pagliwanagin ang kamay ko at ang mismong liwanag na ang siyang gumagawa ng paraan upang umatake sa kalaban, ngayon marami na akong nagagawa.

Like creating my own weapons made of my illuminating light.

Atlas might be expecting that I'd appear directly in front of him, but I made another circle before I could even reach half of our distance, and the moment my body touched the illuminating light from the circle, I quickly jumped pushing me upward. I could feel how my body moved faster than my hair in the air.

With my vampire speed and added spells from my circle, I know that it would be difficult for him to see my every movement. I saw how Atlas looked around to find me, as I vanished before reaching him.

Bago pa siya tuluyang makatingala at malamang nasa himpapawid na naman ako, nakagawa na akong muli ng bilog. This time, I was in an inclined position directly aiming for him, now with my hands creating two more weapons, not a sword, but two spears. I tapped my feet on the illuminating circle and pushed myself towards Atlas again.

And before I could ever reach him, I threw the two long spears directly on his shoulders, I heard how the tip of those spears entered his flesh, the familiar squelch of his blood, the splutter of the red liquid on the ground, the stain sticking on my illuminating spears, and the smell of bad blood.

Ngunit bago pa man siya tuluyang bumagsak sa lupa nagawa niya pang umatake sa akin nang dalawang magkasunod na usok.

With my own force and speed and his attack, I knew that I couldn't dodge it. Kaya ang tanging nagawa ko lang ay gumawa ng harang sa gitna. The circle appeared an inch before the black smoke that almost reached me, but the impact was still there.