Chapter 79

Chapter 79: Devil in Water

"All of us have a fair share of reasons to chase after Atlas. But if you expect, Claret that after you and Kezalli brought this up, someone would just raise his or her hand to support your claims, then I couldn't be sure. Dahil kayo na rin ang nagsabi that someone might intentionally hide his or her information from us," mahabang paliwanag ni Tobias.

"To be honest, if Atlas can see our situation right now, he could be enjoying! Because we're basically playing in his palm. Gusto niya ito. Gusto niyang nagtuturuan tayo at naghahanap ng butas sa isa't isa," iritadong sabi ni Cora.

"Are you telling us that we should just let this go? That we'd proceed with the plan without finding that other information?" tanong ko.

"Do you have plans to extract it from us, Claret? How are you going to find who's who? We're running out of time. I know how everyone's already eager to end this— to end Atlas and his evil schemes. But I think it's really better to capture him first like how we initially planned to deal with him." Paliwanag ni Seth.

"Why don't you tell us more, Seth? Divina told us that she'd seen something from your shadows—a similar shadow from Atlas," sabi ni Kezalli.

Cora, Pearl, and even Freya gasped.

Mariing pumikit si Seth, huminga nang malalim at ngumiti siya sa harap ni Kezalli. "It must be the princess' imagination, right, Divina?"

Divina cowered behind my back. "I'm sorry, Prince Seth."

Nang makita niya ang reaksyon ni Divina, agad kong napansin ang pagkataranta ni Seth at ang paggala ng kanyang mga mata sa amin para tingnan ang bawat reaksyon namin.

"S-Seriously? I am one of the princes of the prophecy and to look at me like that—" natigilan siya at napailing na lang sa nakikita niya.

"Don't look at me like that. I might have the blood of a similar ancestor, but that doesn't mean I will choose to side with him. I just need him alive. I am desperate to keep him alive and locked him in our empire, together with those—" muling napailing si Seth na tila labag sa loob niya ang sasabihin niya.

"I have this dungeon under castle as well, if Parsua Sartorias has embargos I've trying to replicate it with those criminals—" nang mapansin kong sumulyap si Seth kay Divina, alam ko na agad ang siyang dapat kong gawin.

With a little of my spells, I tried to cover Divina's ears, I nodded and Seth continued. "I am planning to use Atlas' blood as a blood sample, I want to try it on those criminals— as my subject. I want to know if they'll turn like me, or monsters, or anything. D-Dahil sa mundong ito, nag-iisa lang ako. I want to know. I want to discover more about me."

"W-Wow, you mean the criminals in your empire are your guinea pigs? Is that even legal?" tanong ni Kezalli na lumingon kay Tobias.

"Guinea pigs?" tanong ng mga prinsipe at Tobias kay Kezalli.

"Subject of experiment," agad na sagot ni Kezalli.

Everyone nodded and Tobias answered her. "It's illegal."

"T-That's why I am trying to keep it a secret from everyone, I want to maintain my image as the righteous prince from the prophecy— I am sorry," mahinang sabi ni Seth habang nakayuko.

"I am still thinking why you have to keep it righteous," ngiwing sagot sa kanya ni Rosh bago lumingon sa amin ni Kezalli. "Is that enough? Or do you want to pinpoint more?"

"How about you Freya?" biglang tanong ni Kezalli.

"Alam ko na isa rin ako sa higit na hindi pagkakatiwalaan sa grupong ito. But all I can say is I am always loyal to Veda. And I'd do everything for her to give what she deserves. You can kick me in this group, leave me, and I promise that I'd never hinder you. Pero gagawin ko ang lahat para sa kanya."