Chapter 29

Chapter 29: Atlas Vidarr

Atlas and Mitchell Thundullior were nowhere to be seen, but the way how the woman made those noises that seeped through the thick wall of the room could give me sickly and horrible images of them.

Freya crawled slowly and extended her hand, she gently pressed the wall that muffled the sound of those two.

"Y-you! Save us, remove this circle right now!" sabi ni Rosh na pilit sinusundan ng tingin si Freya sa kabila nang nakatingala niyang mukha.

"I can't. Atlas has the ring. I can't control the magic circles right now," sagot niya habang marahang hinawakan ang kadena na nasa kanyang leeg.

"Shit. How can this situation slip through Dastan?" malutong na sabi ni Rosh.

Marahas akong pilit lumingon sa kanya kahit sa pagitan ng distansya namin sa isa't isa.

"W-what? Are you blaming Dastan for this?" iritadong sagot ko sa kanya. "That demon is your sister's mate, Rosh. Your unknown sister that we never heard of in Parsua."

"Then, are you blaming my sister? Have you heard him? She was a victim! She might have chosen death to bring him along with her, but the bastard is not attached to her—their mate bond is unreal. Dastan should have monitored—"

I was about to cut off Rosh when Blair interrupted us.

"N-no. . . this isn't Dastan's fault. Not even Rosh's sister. This is my empire's fault. Mitchell tolerated the man's existence. She sheltered and fed him. Everything was my fault. I was aware, I had an inkling that something was going on, but I am a coward. My insecurities as a bastard son made me step back. I got scared that if I tried to inform Dastan of the situation, my own empire, the family who was forced to accept me will truly see me as a villain. All I did was brought you here without even giving you a slight idea of what we were about to encounter. I am really sorry."

Kapwa kami natahimik ni Rosh sa mahabang sinabi ni Blair. Rosh and I have that kind of defense mechanism every time that we are caught in different situation. Sa tuwing nahihirapan kami gusto kong isisi sa kanya ang lahat, bagay na siyang ginagawa niya rin sa akin.

"Stop it! You idiots! Hindi ninyo ba narinig ang sinabi ng babaeng ito? She called us here because all of us have the connection. Hindi iisa lang sa atin, lahat tayo ay konektado kung bakit tayo narito. Stop blaming each other and think about a way for us to escape this circle."

"And how are we going to do that? We are vampires and not wizards! These circles are made of spells!" sagot sa kanya ni Rosh.

Muli akong sumulyap sa babae na ngayon ay nakayupyop na sa sahig habang yakap ang sariling mga binti. Pinagmamasdan at nakikinig lang siya sa aming apat.

She's literally a prisoner like us.

"They will know soon that Adolfo's tied up and the children was no longer in the prison," naiiling na sabi ni Seth.

"W-what about my father?" tanong ni Freya.

"We tied him in the forest. Don't worry, we didn't kill him," sagot sa kanya ni Rosh.

"Is your father aware that you are here?"

Umiling si Freya sa akin. "So, he's really doing it for Cyanara, and not for you." She nodded.

"My daughter was abducted, Freya. And I have an idea that she's with her grandmother and that someone—" I hesitated if I'd have to continue telling her the information about my daughter, but my instinct told me that this woman is on our side. "That someone who has the ability to travel from life and death is my daughter."