Chapter 39

Chapter 39: Divina's Ghost

When I saw Queen Leticia, Hua (who is the head butler of the palace now), and Aunt Naha's father, Nikos, who rarely visits the castle now, I finally got an idea that this happened in the past. Mama told me that Queen Leticia had her journey before with Prince Rosh and her most trusted people.

I only wished to have a short adventure, but Prince Rosh is truly my prince charming! He kidnapped me and brought me on a bigger journey. I hope Granny and Leo will not get worried.

But if this already happened in the past, does it mean that I've been really a part of their journey? And Queen Leticia, Prince Rosh, and Hua didn't share it with me!

I know that they summoned me in this world not for playtime, that's why I tried to help Queen Leticia as much as I can, even if I am just a little girl. Even though I am missing my Mama and Papa, Granny and Leo, I am still happy because Queen Leticia and her group are very kind to me.

Until we reached the Bridge of Temptation.

"Isa lang naman ang temptasyong inaalala ko. My first master. Huwag kang mag-aalala, alam kong panlilinlang lang ang aking mga makikita. Hindi kita iiwan sa paglalakbay na ito, Leticia. Pangako." Hua said.

All I did was smile, because he was telling the truth. He's always been on Queen Leticia's side until now. When Leticia hugged him, I also joined them.

"Thank you, Hua." I said.

When Grandfather Nikos told his greatest temptation and mentioned the name of Aunt Naha's mother, Queen Leticia cupped his face and straightly looked into his eyes.

"Mangako ka sa akin na hinding-hindi ka lilingon pabalik sa tulay. Wala kang maririnig na boses. Diretso lang ang tingin mo, Nikos. Hindi si Soleilana ang siyang makikita mo, hindi siya ang tatawag sa pangalan mo."

When I was in the castle, I always see Queen Leticia and her soft emotions to every one of us, but right now, our queen looked so different— she looked like a determined warrior who was willing to protect everyone no matter what it costs.

She's so cool. Levi's mommy is so cool and reliable.

After Queen Leticia's conversation with Prince Rosh, Hua, and Grandfather Nikos, we were left inside the carriage, and we had conversations about Aunt Naha and how cool she was. But in the middle of our conversation, Queen Leticia suddenly went on silent, and now that she was alone without the presence of those three, fear slowly appeared on her beautiful face.

Mama told me that if someone's trying to hide their weakness or fears, I should respect them. That's why I looked outside of the window as I pressed both of my hands on it and started to hum as if I was alone there.

I heard from Queen Leticia's conversation that someone might appear on this bridge and impersonate the identity of that someone we were longing for— that means the bridge will be the one to summon the fake presence.

But how about I summon it voluntarily? Should I summon someone from the dead? Like Hua's previous master and Aunt Naha's mother? But how about Prince Rosh's mate, isn't his mate still alive?

Should I summon Grandfather King because he's already dead? But he told me that he's supposed to show himself near that statue.

"Hmm, who else?"

I was humming happily while thinking of someone to summon. If Prince Rosh, Hua, and Uncle Nikos will summon an illusion as an enemy, then Divina should summon someone as well who would protect us.

Habang nakatanaw ako sa labas ng karwahe, I can see my own confused reaction in the window, until I finally looked into my eyes. "Uncle Desmond!"