Chapter 73

Chapter 73: Picnic under the Dungeon

"Do. Not. Touch. Her." Kezalli snarled.

I was holding my glass of milk, but I felt the sudden shivers all over my body when I saw Kezalli's red eyes, her bared fangs, the veins on her hands, the sweat on her temple, the fast heaving of her chest and the intensity of her eyes in front of Atlas.

Kezalli's scary sometimes, and she wasn't smiling at all. I kept blinking while watching the scene between them, but when I glanced at Atlas he was not even startled.

Wow.

If Kezalli pointed three arrows in front of me, I would cry. He must be really a tough guy.

I slowly bent down and silently sipped my milk from my glass with my hands encircling it, legs swinging, waiting for the next situation. I picked the cookies from my plate and munched them silently, but it was too crunchy that we could hear it together.

Until I ate all the cookies, I stood up on my chair and tried to reach Atlas' cookies on his plate. But I couldn't reach it. It's too far!

I used my other hand to support myself while the other one was trying to reach the cookies until I got off-balanced and my stomach landed on the table, but my hand found the cookies!

Kezalli and Atlas turned their head slowly at me.

I awkwardly smiled at them. "Divina wants more cookies."

But Kezalli quickly recovered and inches forward to point her arrows at Atlas' face. While Atlas was no longer aware of Kezalli, his eyes were staring at me, slightly parted lips before he shook his head and casually leaned his back on his seat.

He laughed.

Kezalli's eyes widened. "I will shoot you! S-Stop laughing!"

"Could it be that all the goddesses from the mirror have this kind of confidence? I've been threatened twice," Atlas raised both of his hands as if he didn't have any choice.

"Alright. I will not touch the princess," he looked at me. "Not yet."

Nang hindi pa rin gumagalaw si Kezalli sa pagkakatayo niya at sa pagkakatutok ng pana kay Atlas ay unti-unti na siyang lumingon kay Kezalli.

"My darling human girl, you should know the capacity of your power before you threaten your enemy. You might have the guts, but you are still a baby in this world."

Altas quickly shoved the arrows in front of him and with a simple wave of his hand, Kezalli's back in her chair, unarmed. She was trying to struggle on her seat but she couldn't even stand up.

"Let me go!" she hissed.

"You should be thankful that I don't have a plan to kill the weaklings like you right now. You're a waste of time."

I tapped the bottom of my glass, I finished all my milk.

"But we can have our—"

"Can you pour me another glass of milk, Atlas, please?" I smiled at him.

He was suddenly out of words, and he looked at me for a long time, before he clicked his fingers, and poured me another glass of milk. "Thank you!"

"You're welcome."

"Divina, don't act friendly with him! He's a villain." Kezalli shoots me daggers with her eyes.

"Yes, I am a villain," Atlas casually said.

"But we are here to interview him, Kezalli. He stopped us from entering Veda's mind, so we should ask him instead."

Kezalli shook her head. "He wanted to kill everyone. And in every encounter, he wants someone dead— he's just deceiving us, bribing us!"