Chapter 38

Chapter 38: Promise

I spent my days in that beautiful small village with Leo, Granny, and the other kids. We usually play hide and seek, go running together, or even play tea party. Since most of my friends want to experience the life of an aristocratic kid, I asked my Granny with her magic to give us tea sets, garden mats, and even a huge parasol.

I was teaching them how to properly lift a tea cup and how I usually sip with it, since Aunt Lily's a good teacher and very strict with table manners, Dawn and I learned so easily.

Leo's still yawning on my lap with his curled legs, looking bored with this tea time.

"Paano ka natuto nito, Divina?"

"Granny taught me how! Because granny's ex-boyfriend is an aristocrat."

Their eyes suddenly filled with excitement. "Really? Why isn't he living with her?"

My friends are already aware of the term ex-boyfriend.

I tilted my head while trying to remember my Grandpa, Mama said that he was previously a King of Mudelior and then he suddenly vanished, why was he still not looking for Granny?

"Hmm, cool-off sila ni Granny."

"What is cool-off, Divina?"

Leo yawned and I started to explain to them the word cool-off and any other amazing words that Aunt Naha taught me.

"How about your parents, Divina? Where are they? Why are you living with your Granny?"

That question slowly changed my smiling face into a frown. Until I looked down and bit my lip to suppress my cries.

I will not cry in front of them. My Mama and Papa are busy saving our world— they are going to fight with the evil demon who wants Nemetio Spiran and other remaining powerful worlds.

One of Leo's eyes opened to check on me, and when he found that I was about to cry, he stood up, bit my dress, and pulled me. He was asking me to go home.

I took a deep breath and looked at my friends. I smiled at them again. "I think Granny's already calling me. You can practice stay and play here. I will come back tomorrow."

Leo glared at my friends who shivered before he walked ahead of me. I waved my hand to my friends. "See you tomorrow!"

Hinabol ko si Leo at binuhat ko siya. "You are always so mean to my friends. Why are you so grumpy? You know Prince Rosh's peacock is friendly, and Lumps is also kind even if we bully him, but you! You are always glaring at everyone just like Papa."

I giggled when I remember Papa. "Maybe you are really my Papa's pet."

Leo growled at me when I said that. I patted his head. "Okay! You are Divina's pet. But if you are as sutil as Papa, I will sell you to Granny as well. Para pareho kayo ni Papa."

While hugging Leo with one of my arms, I pushed the door, and there she was, Granny and her book. I ran towards her, Leo jumped and I opened my arms to hug my Granny.

"How's your day, little Divina?"

I smiled at her. "I suddenly want to go home because my friends were asking me about my Mama and Papa. But you told me that I shouldn't share my identity so I couldn't answer them."

Ibinaba na ni Granny ang book na hawak niya at isinarado na niya iyon. "Granny, where is Grandpa? Why isn't he with you? I told my friends that you and Grandpa are in cool-off."

"Cool-off?"

I told her the meaning of it like how Aunt Naha explained it.

"Oh. . ."