Chapter 80

Chapter 80: Burning giant

Hindi lang ako at si Kezalli ang siyang lubos na humahanga sa mga oras na ito. I could see how Cora, Pearl, Freya, and even my daughter's eyes reflected the mixtures of lights from a burning fire and water as if filled with diamonds.

I could see colors in their eyes— the look of fascination and wonder.

"Ang ganda," bulong ko.

"This world might be the cruelest, but I know that the human world will not ever give me this beautiful sight, Claret," Kezalli added.

"I know."

When I first arrived in this world, met the Gazellian siblings, and heard the most unbelievable stories in my life, I immediately thought that I was in a show and everyone was waiting for my funny reaction.

I thought everything was a useless prank for a woman like me who was raised alone in a mountain, and maybe I'd give everyone a good entertainment. Iniisip ko noon na pinagkakatuwaan ako ng mga tao mula sa patag dahil sa kaalaman na lumaki ako kaiba sa kanila.

Royalties, castles, princesses, princes, power, vampires, and even prophecies? Everything was so unbelievable that even the most isolated human from the human world would find it hard to believe.

Hanggang sa higit na tumagal ang inaakala kong biro at desperada akong pilit tumakbo. I got scared and thought that I was getting crazy filled with illusion in my mind.

I always wanted to escape, but in the end, I chose to stay because, from the very beginning, this has been my world.

Lumingon ako muli kay Kezalli, I know that she's still in the middle of realizing everything. She's torn and fragile at this moment, but I am glad that she's here with me.

Zen might be here for me. I have a daughter, gained friends, and a new family, pero iba pa rin sa pakiramdam ang kaalamang may isang babaeng katulad ko sa mundong ito.

I know that I shouldn't be thinking this right now, but with this situation and Kezalli beside me, I couldn't be more thankful that I have someone like Rosh, Seth, Blair, and Tobias in this world.

"Thank you," bulong ko sa kanya.

"Huh?"

Ngumiti ako kay Kezalli. "Sa pagdating mo. Hindi mo alam kung ilang taon kong hinintay ang mga oras na ito. Maybe you were still young when I first met you, and wouldn't remember our first encounter, but I almost beg for you."

Kezalli pulled one of her arrows behind her and she smiled back at me. "I am here now, Claret. Let's wait for the others."

Napahinga ako nang maluwag nang marinig iyon mula sa kanya. I even felt those tears gliding down my cheeks before I looked at the burning giant in front of us.

Ilang taon kong hinintay ang araw na ito. That I'd stand beside someone else's and share similar pain, experience, and even endless questions. I don't know if Kezalli felt the same with me right now, but even in the middle of this chaos, I am happy that we're standing right next to each other.

The strong wind was blowing in the middle of the night, the trees were billowing, the screams of the running animals to reach the foot of the mountain were deafening, the birds were leaving, and the showers of red and blue crystals were overwhelming. It was like petals on a windy day during the spring.

But no matter how beautiful it was— it's a tragedy before it even ends.

Seth, Rosh, Zen, and Blair made an attack first. I saw how the watery giant pulled itself with its wings, how it used the crystallized sword made of ice, and the way it swung against the giant fire.