Chapter 55

Chapter 55: Wooden Raft

When Seth left us for the mission he sets himself, even with the light conversation about my daughter, the moment we all looked straight at our destination, all I could feel was tension between the three of us.

All I could hear were the sounds of the wooden sled as it moved through the thick snow, the fast running of the wolves, how Zen and Rosh's grips tightened on their ropes, and the freezing temperature as the wind blew.

I was confident that I could kill Atlas or I could give him major damage, but as time went by, I realized that he was really a tough opponent.

Dahil wala siya sa panahong ito kung hindi niya kayang dalhin ang sarili niya. He was an ancient demon from the past.

Sino lang ba ang kilala kong nilalang mula sa nakaraan na nagawang mabuhay hanggang ngayong kasalukuyan? It was Goddess Eda. Ngunit ibang-iba ang paraan ng pananatili niya sa mundong ito.

Her body was preserved and imprisoned. She was sleeping like Veda Le'Vamueivos and the mere existence of her presence could be said to a proof that she was alive. But Atlas was too different since he'd live freely just by hiding his existence and doing his evil schemes without being noticed.

"We have to reach his castle as soon as possible before he regains his strength."

Kapwa tumango sina Zen at Rosh sa akin na hindi na lumilingon. At habang patuloy kami sa pag-akyat sa mataas na bundok na halos ang tanging nakikita ko na lang ay ang kulay na puti dahil sa kapal ng nyebe, hindi ko maiwasang hindi mapatitig kay Rosh.

He never told us his own story— about Veda.

Sa paanong nangyaring may ganitong koneksyon pala ang mga Le'Vamuievos sa nilalang na may matinding galit sa nakaraan?

Did they hide it purposely? Bakit kahit kailan ay wala akong narinig na may kapatid sina Rosh?

"What's going on, Rosh?" iyon na lang ang lumabas sa bibig ko.

I thought everything was about Divina— and how Zen indecisively brought his own daughter's existence to risk in his desperation. Ngunit habang tumatagal, higit na lumalalim ang problemang ito.

From my mother who I thought had her own selfish reason to have my daughter to Atlas and his needs to have Divina's ability— ability to bring Veda back to life. Mitchelle is a Thundillior who's responsible for this village's mess and Atlas's possible connection with the Viardellon.

I know that this situation should be brought to the highest authority— to King Dastan and Queen Leticia. But every conflict has a deep connection with the princes of the prophecy.

Or is it possible that the current queen and king are already aware? At alam nilang ang higit na dapat tumapos ng suliraning ito ay kami?

Saglit gumalaw ang ulo ni Rosh, ngunit hindi pa rin siya tuluyang lumingon sa akin.

After all this mess, we deserve to hear his side. Sa paanong nangyari na bigla na lang sumulpot si Veda na tila isang kabute sa buhay namin? Sa buhay nila?

Totoo nga pa lang hindi lang ang mga Gazellian ang may sariling kuwento. If the Gazellian family has King Thaddeus, Le'Vamuievos has a story to tell.

"She was kept as a secret from us, Claret. Ang tagal din namin nalaman ang katotohanan tungkol sa pagkawala niya. She wanted to erase her existence as a Le'Vamuievos, dati ay nagtataka ako kung bakit, now that Freya explained to me everything, higit ko nang naiintindihan ang lahat ng ginawa niya. My parents respected Veda's decision. Maybe because they believe that it was the only way to honor her sacrifices. Sino kaming magkakapatid para hindi respetuhin iyon?"