Chapter 33

Chapter 33: Calm Days

Dawn and I were looking outside of the window, and both palms were under our chin as we watched over the marching knights. Our class just ended but Dusk was still seated on his usual chair with an open book in his hand.

"Isn't he too studious?" I whispered to Dawn.

"He wants to be Uncle Evan or Uncle Casper. Maybe he wants to be as smart as King Dastan," Dawn shrugged.

I looked over my shoulder to glance at Dusk. I love reading fairy tales, but when we're reading about the history of vampires I always feel dizzy.

Tumingin na lang ako sa ibaba at pinagmasdan ang mga kawal. "When will Prince Rosh visit us again?"

"I hope he'll visit us today!" Dawn said excitedly.

"But I never heard Papa about Prince Rosh's visit today."

"Can we ask King Dastan instead? He knows Prince Rosh's schedule in Sartorias!"

Umalis na kami ni Dawn sa may bintana. Dusk lowered his book and he eyed us with that knowing look of his. "If you're going to bother King Dastan, stop it already, he's busy with his meeting right now."

"You are informed?" tanong ni Dawn.

"I heard Uncle Casper reminded me about today."

When he mentioned Uncle Casper, Dawn and I got excited. If we can't meet Prince Rosh today, we can always ask another handsome prince.

"Let's ask Uncle Casper to date us!" I clapped my hand enthusiastically. "He's not in the meeting, right?"

"I think King Dastan is with Uncle Evan right now."

"Perfect!"

Dusk sighed and shook his head before he covered his face with his book. Dawn and I left our study room and we searched the whole castle to find Uncle Casper.

We were about to leave the castle and find him in the stable when we finally saw him as he entered the huge entrance, he was in his usual clothes when there was no event in the castle, his black fitted pants with a tucked-in loose white long sleeves. I can also see Uncle Casper's chest because of those loose black strings that he forgot to tie.

I am starting to wonder why King Dastan, Papa, Uncle Casper, and my other uncles have this difficulty tying their clothes properly.

"Uncle Casper!"

He awkwardly smiled. He even looked around before he sighed and trailed the path toward us. We were jumping excitedly in front of him as he looked down. He's so tall and handsome.

"Uncle Casper, let's have a date."

Sabay naming inangat ni Dawn ang mga braso namin para buhatin niya kami pero umiling siya sa amin. "I am sweaty."

Dawn and I pursed our lips. "But you don't look sweaty. You're dazzling!"

Dahil ayaw niya kaming buhatin ni Dawn, hinawakan na lang namin ang mga kamay niya. Just like before, he's crouching to adjust with us as he followed our stride.

"We will wait for you outside your room, Uncle." Sabi ni Dawn.

"Where are we going?" tanong ni Uncle Casper.

"Bring us somewhere nice."

As we pulled Uncle Casper to his room, we came across Aunt Lily who just smiled at us.

"Lily. . ."

"Kaya mo na iyan, Casper. Just don't give him too many headaches, alright?" Dawn and I nodded.