Chapter 42

Chapter 42: Goddess of the Blue Fire

Since I told Granny that I don't want to play with the fake Papa, Prince Rosh, Prince Blair and Prince Seth, Leo, and the village kids are my playmates again.

I have this feeling that Leo likes the village kids more than my fake Papa and the princes because he's not biting them, but he still growls at them if they disturbed his sleep.

Leo loves to snuggle on my lap every time I play with the village kids.

"Leo is selfish he doesn't want to share Divina with us," one of my playmates said.

I brushed Leo's thick white fur while he was innocently sleeping on my lap. I saw how his ears moved when he heard his name, but he calmed down when he felt my hand on him.

"Leo's just quite sutil that's why. He's kind. Why are you afraid of him? Why village kids don't want to play with him? Leo tried to save me once." I said.

"He hates kids, even all the villagers. Even your Granny tried to shelter him but he refused and bit her."

I gasped. "You bit Granny, Leo?!"

He just yawned and continued his sleep. "Or maybe he really likes Divina. Well, everyone likes Divina because she's so kind. . ."

"Thank you! I love everyone too!"

Just like before, I spent my whole day playing tea party with the village kids, and when the sun was about to set, Leo jumped from my lap and his pulling my skirt to go home.

Since I have short arms, I felt like squeezing Leo every time I hug and carry him home, and he's not complaining or jumping away from me.

When we reached home, Granny's in her usual seat with her other book.

"Are you done with your tea time?"

I nodded. I sat on the other seat across Granny, Leo's on my lap again while I pet him. I haven't told Granny about my adventures because she insisted that I have to play with my friends first since they've been looking for me.

"Yes, Granny! But I am here to share my adventures!"

Granny closed her book and she leaned her back on her seat. "But did you look for me?"

"Of course. I was about to fight for you, but when I recognized the presence of a goddess, I allowed her to have you."

"She's the Queen! She's so powerful! No wonder why King Dastan and Queen Leticia have the throne right now. I saw how the Goddess of the Moon fights. Levi's mom is so cool."

Granny looked outside of the window. "She will not have her position right now if she's not powerful enough. Nemetio Spiran will not just be thankful for the queen but for those who fought alongside her during her journey."

When Granny said that, the images of smiling faces flashed in my memory. From Hua, Grandfather Nikos, Prince Rosh, the Whitewolf Iris, Alpha Lucas, and even Uncle Caleb.

"You are one of the keys that brought her to the throne, Divina. Sino ba naman ako para ipagkait ang apo ko? And that adventure will help you improve because, in this village, you can only have the freedom of being a kid. At least, in that journey, you learned a lot. And you might use it in the future, after all, you have an involvement in this war that Atlas is trying to brew for hundreds of years."

"A war? But Nemetio Spiran just had its peace."

Napayuko ako nang maalala ko si King Dastan, Queen Leticia and Levi sa loob ng silid nila. I never saw King Dastan looked so calm and at peace like that, and now that the bad Atlas is trying to make a war again. . .