Chapter 57

Chapter 57: Mirror

The lantern was rolling on the grassy land and its cylindrical yellow light gave us a quick glimpse of her face with beaded sweat on her temple, the wet strands of her hair, and the way she breathed heavily. Her arms were shaking, but her eyes were blazing— she was afraid but determined to fight back.

She is good with her arrows because she was about to hit Grandfather Van if Grandfather Sul did not appear.

"W-who are you?"

Before my grandfathers could even give her an answer, she released another arrow, but this time, it didn't even reach half of our distance. Dahil bigla na lang itong tumigil at bumagsak sa lupa.

"She's quite brave. . ." bulong ni Grandfather Javan.

I nodded with a smile.

Naunang tumalon si Grandfather Sul mula sa puno habang nagmamadali muling kumuha ng palaso si Kezalli mula sa likuran niya.

"Huwag kang lalapit!"

"Aren't you aware of our existence, young lady? You were raised like Claret."

But Kezalli's still with her arrow, ready to release it any moment. "C-claret?"

"Are you already aware of my daughter?"

"Y-your daughter? Niloloko mo ba ako? How can you have a daughter who looks as young as—" Kezalli didn't finish her words and shook her head.

She has an idea!

"Maybe I am aware of your existence, but I am not inclined to identify a friend or a foe, so stop right now before I release another arrow!"

I looked at Grandfather Van and whispered to him. "Let's get down."

Habang nakatutok ang arrow ni Kezalli kay Grandfather Sul, sinisipa na niya ang kaibigan niya na nakahiga sa lupa. "Enrico! Get up!"

Ibinaba na ako ni Grandfather Van at nanatili kami sa likuran ni Grandfather Sul. "We are friends, Kezalli! I came here because my Mama's busy in Nemetio Spiran and she is waiting for you!"

Tumakbo na ako sa likuran ni Grandfather Sul. I hid first behind his legs and hesitantly peeked at Kezalli with her shaking arms and an arrow pointing at my grandfather.

Her brows creased when she looked at me until there was a sudden recognition. "Daughter?"

"Yes! I am my Mama's daughter."

When I said those words, Kezalli slowly put down her bow and arrow. Grandfather Sul allowed me to step forward, and this time, just like how Aunt Lily taught me to greet an important creature for the first time, I bowed in front of her and spread my black dress.

"I am Divina Esperanza Amor Gazellian. It's nice to meet you, second goddess of the mirror! Don't worry, King Tobias is handsome but he hates chocolates!"

"T-Tobias?"

I nodded with a smile. "Yes. He is your mate and he's been waiting for you! He's a king!"

Bago ako sagutin ni Kezalli ay muli niyang tinanaw si Grandfather Sul. "Y-you're not forcing this kid to—"

"No! My grandfathers are nice, Kezalli."

She sighed in relief. She clung her bow on her shoulder before she looked down on her unconscious friend. "How are you going to explain this to my friend? He is not aware of your existence as vampires—" she shook her head.

And she laughed. "I thought everything that they told me was just a part of their hilarious stories, and they paid a great actress to make me believe it, or everything was just my hallucinations since my grandfathers' kept on feeding me with these stories, but recently with my dreams, some encounters, and now. Am I really destined to leave this world for the greater good?"