Chapter 60

Chapter 60: Note

"Saan ba iyon inilagay ng lolo mo?"

"I think he brought it inside his library."

"Alright."

"Is it okay? Are we going to ask Grandfather Sul about it?" I asked.

As much as I want Kezalli to enter Nemetio Spiran and help Mama, I still want my grandfather to assess her if she can survive in our world. I don't want to put Kezalli in danger just because I forced her to enter the mirror.

"It's fine. I think I am ready."

I tightened my hug around Leo's small body and walked behind Kezalli. She was clinging to her bow and arrows on her shoulder as she consecutively opened the doors of the hallway. And when the doors were locked, she quickly pulled something from her hair and used it to open the door as if she had its specific key.

"Wow! Is that a magical key that fits every door?"

She glanced at me and grin. "Yes. I used to do it, kapag nakakalimutan ko ang susi ng dorm ko."

"Wow! You're not just an archer but a treasure hunter!"

She nodded. "When I arrived at your world, they can show me every locked treasure chest. I can definitely open it without sweat. And I'll become the richest human girl in your world. But don't worry, I'll give your mother a loan, kasi cute ka."

She winked at me.

I noticed that Kezalli loves the word loan. I will take note of that and I will tell it to King Tobias! I know that he'll be happy and he'll give me more chocolates!

I jumped excitedly, while Leo yawned with his boredom.

While I was watching her, Kezalli's right ear was pressed on the door, with one of her hands holding a small pin, busy trying to play with the doorknob. It took Kezalli just a minute before she opened the door, and we were welcomed by a room filled with white sculptures.

"Not here," she said.

"Where is that library? Ang dami namang room ng lolo mo. Ginagamit niya ba 'tong lahat? Baka may red room ang lolo mo rito, isumbong mo sa lola mo."

"What is red room?" I asked.

She's currently with the next door in the same position, her right ear pressed with the door, and her small pin trying to play my Grandfather Sul's golden doorknob.

"Ah, a room filled with lies."

"It's okay. Grandfather Sul is not a liar."

She laughed. "Mahal kaya ang ice cream niya. You have a bag of money, right? Isang pabrika ba ng ice cream ang ibinigay sa 'yo?" she asked again.

She entered the room quickly, but she closed it again and shook her head. "Not here as well."

"Is the red room filled with expensive ice cream?"

"Yeah, maybe?"

I smiled and shook my head. "You've been giving me strange words, Kezalli. But I am sure that my grandfather is not a liar."

"Alright. I couldn't disagree with you, after all, grandfather is every grandchild's favorite."

I smiled at her. "Of course! I love Grandfather Sul, Grandfather Javan, and Grandfather Thaddeus."

Kezalli chuckled and she shook her head as she walked ahead of me. "Sounds like Daddies with cash."

Since most of the rooms were locked, Kezalli managed to open it just with her magical pin, and when we finally arrived at the last door, we looked at each other.