Chapter 49

You can listen to the background music. I listened to it while writing the chapter. Hihi

Chapter 49: Pierced

I've witnessed the most beautiful performance in Nemetio Spiran before, and it happened during the water festival in Parsua Deltora.

Parsua Sartorias might have the pride of those symbolic trees and their overwhelming power, but the beauty, elegance, culture, and tradition in Parsua Deltora are always at their peak.

I suddenly remember how we entered that circus, how the Le'Vamueivos made that tent into a place where all we could do was admire, gasp, and be fascinated.

Ngunit ngayong nasa gitna na ako ng sarili kong kapangyarihan— where I could make my own form, a battleground, and a place where I could tell that I am the most powerful, I just realized that nothing is really impossible for someone who wants to grow.

I started as a woman who always stayed on the side, with wounded bodies, and extended glowing hands in every flesh and spilled blood.

But right now, I am in the middle of it— healing and fighting.

The circulating globe of a mixture of black and purple smoke— like a sinister storm enclosing every creature in this place has now its opponent as my bluish crystallized globe was trying to crawl in every part of that black and purple smoke as it moved in circular motion. As my bluish light was trying to overpower the darkness, the way it blinked and scattered felt like lightning as it kept on flickering.

The crystallized wings on my back flapped, lifting me in the air to meet Atlas's eyes, the intensity of our powers brought strong winds, blowing my hair, the small moving symbols on my back kept on moving, and the hidden spade symbol on my forehead that was now visible was burning in blue fire.

I should have felt the complete triumph, but I continued to watch Atlas, now with visible emotion. I should find it as his weakness— but I find it terrifying for an unknown reason.

Parsua Deltora is an empire of arts, music, and elegance— at hindi lang ang mismong emperyo ang siyang nagsusumigaw sa mga salitang ito. Because arts, music, elegance, and beauty, and how they were magically inclined with nature—were clearly flowing in their blood.

I shouldn't be thinking it right now, but right in the middle of this chaos— in this fight with this demon, I could feel that overwhelming feeling of the blood of a Le'Vamuievos.

But I know that he isn't one of them.

My crystallized wings suddenly had an urge to pull me away from Atlas. Since my spears were tied with my own spell. I know that he couldn't just pull the spears on his flesh, but what he did was too horrible to watch.

Since he was still in the air, tied by the spears, all he did was hold those unmovable spears, and move his own body— allowing his pierced shoulders to trace the long crystallized spears, the painful sound of his flesh rubbing the sharp crystallized rod, leaving traces of his blood, the way his jaw and muscled clenched as his legs swing in the air, and how he grudgingly look at me for trying to hurt that someone who has his heart.

Saglit akong natigilan sa biglang pagkakaroon ni Atlas ng emosyon nang sabihin ko iyon.

I witnessed how he saved Mitchelle before and how he gave her importance, but it only took just for a moment, this one was different, he didn't care even if I could see how vulnerable and desperate he was to escape from my spears.

He was no longer the unbothered demon who just purposely accepted my attack without any fear of death, but someone who's desperate to fight back at me.