Chapter 26

Chapter 26: Real Culprit

When I first met Adolfo I already had an impression that he was that weak vampire old man, with his inability to obtain fresh foods and blood, and a life surrendered with a missing daughter. I couldn't think of anything worst for him.

I know that he treated us genuinely every time I looked into his eyes. With my years of being the second prince, loathed and known by the vampire councils as someone who would betray the empire in the future I've mastered the skills of knowing who the real ones in front of me are. And with our few weeks living inside Adolfo's house, I've never sensed any ingenuity around his presence.

He was willing to shelter, feed, and take care of us— the way he used to with his daughter.

At alam kong alam iyon nina Rosh, Blair at Seth. Because the moment we felt that something was off with the wrong man, we would notice it right away. But looking at him right now with that dazed look in his eyes, I couldn't help but curse that someone behind him.

Sa halip na maalarma kami ay higit lang kaming napatitig kay Adolfo at sa mahina niyang katawan. His hands were shaking as he forced his body to use that metal bow and arrow while aiming it on us.

"If we knock him down right now and leave his body, they will pin everything against this old man," naiiling na sabi ni Rosh.

"And the real culprit will never be caught," dagdag ko.

"B-but isn't it my sister?" nag-aalangang sabi ni Blair.

Nang sandaling magsimula nang magpalipad ng pana si Adolfo gamit ang nangangatal niyang mga kamay, ang tanging nagagawa lang namin ay umilag.

"To be honest, one of us can easily kill him," sabi ni Seth.

"But he is clearly a victim!" iritadong sagot ko.

"But to be able to do this abduction and to be under this spell, initially he already has this kind of thoughts. . ." sabi ni Blair na nagpalingon sa amin sa kanya.

Nang gawin ko iyon, hindi ko inaasahan na bigla na namang nagpakawala ng pana si Adolfo. I thought it was late for me to dodge or shield myself, but the sudden vines grew an inch before my face.

"Zen! You idiot!"

"Why don't you knock him down first, Rosh?" sabi ni Seth.

"Me? With this helpless man?!" iritadong sabi ni Rosh na nagawa pang ituro si Adolfo. He even caught one of his arrows and broke it with one hand.

"I will do it."

With my vampire speed, I quickly went behind Adolfo and hit him on his nape. Sabay suminghap sina Seth at Rosh. "Don't worry. I didn't hit him too hard."

Tinulungan ako ni Blair at binuhat namin si Adolfo, inilagay rin siya ni Rosh sa isang malaking bulaklak at ikinulong niya rito ang matanda. Kapwa na kami napatingin sa daan na dapat ay siyang lalabasan namin.

"We'll just force ourselves outside. We have our power now," sabi ko.

"You know what I hate the most? When someone's trying to manipulate weaker ones for their evil deeds," panimula ni Rosh.

"This situation is like what happened between King Clamberge III and the goddesses of Deeseyadah. They made us believe that everything was behind the known evil vampire, but in the end, he was just manipulated," paliwanag ko.

"But we can't just forget that Adolfo had an idea to kidnap these children. Dahil kung hindi minsang sumagi sa isip niya ang gawaing ito ay hindi niya magagawang dukutin ang mga bata kahit manipulado pa siya. He surrendered or he didn't fight at all," sabi ni Blair.