Chapter 61

Chapter 61: Escorts

I was happily dancing while tiling my head as I returned to the dining area. I even jumped on Grandfather Sul's lap and kissed him repeatedly on his cheeks. Ganoon din ang ginawa ko kay Grandfather Javan, and lastly Leo.

"At last! Mama will have someone to help her! I am sure that Kezalli will find her the moment she steps into our world!"

"I doubt it," sagot ni Grandfather Sul.

"Why? Kezalli promised me that she'd help Mama. She even told me that she'd offer her a loan because I am cute!"

Grandfather Javan laughed.

I thought I'd hear more from Grandfather Sul about his opinion of Kezalli's new adventure, but he quickly finished his breakfast and left me with Grandfather Javan.

I pouted and looked down. "Why is he upset?"

"Because he knew that you don't have any reason to stay here. Aren't you, Divina?"

Grandfather Van asked. He left his chair and he sat beside me. I looked at him and nodded twice. "I have to return because I promised Granny that I only have to convince Kezalli to cross her mirror earlier."

Hinabol ko nang tanaw sa labas ng bintana ni Grandfather Sul while petting Leo's white fur. "He's always grumpy."

"When are you going to return home?"

"Since I can't show myself to the other goddesses from the mirror, it's good to return as soon as possible. I know that Granny's worrying about me."

"You have to play with Sullivan before you go. He'll be sad when you return."

I looked at Grandfather Javan. "How about you?"

He laughed. "Of course, I will miss you. But I don't have attachment issues like your Grandfather Sul."

"Because you have a girlfriend here," I said.

He laughed again. "Where did you learn that?"

"Prince Rosh is my ex-boyfriend."

Mas lalong lumakas ang pagtawa ni Grandfather Javan habang naiiling sa akin. "You're really an adorable kid, Divina. That's why everyone loves you."

"Even if I am Sutil?"

He grinned. "Yeah."

Dahil busy daw si Grandfather Sul sa kanyang business Si Grandfather Javan na lang ang sumama sa akin sa labas. He told me that he'd let me enjoy my remaining time here in human world.

If Grandfather Sullivan brought me to the cursed place named— mall. Grandfather Javan brought me to the place he called Carnival.

It's the same with some parts of the mall. It's a place filled with moving carriages but in a circular motion, some small cars, and even cursed animals but they were all smiling.

Tawa nang tawa si Grandfather Javan nang nagsimula na akong umiyak. I saw bears, panda, wolves, and other cursed animals that turned into stones, and they even attached wheels to their body.

I buried my face on Grandfather Javan's neck while crying for the poor animals. "Humans are so bad. Why did they attach wheels to the animals' bodies? Why are the animals still smiling while they are in pain?"

After I buried my face on Uncle Javan's neck, I pulled his collar and wiped my tears and nose on it.

He kept on laughing. "What if I'll tell this to King Dastan? What if I'll ask King Dastan to rule the human world? Humans should stop cursing each other and the animals for fun. I hate this place."