Chapter 59

Chapter 59: Her side

I woke up early the next day. Leo was still yawning on our bed and when he was about to cuddle on one of my huge pillows to continue his sleep, I quickly pulled him away. I kissed the top of his head even when he tried to jump away from me.

"Let's go, Leo. Papanuorin natin si Kezalli with her bow and arrow."

One of the maids went inside my room and she assisted me with my bath. She even told me that my uncles were waiting for me in the dining room. I kept on telling her that Grandfather Sul and Grandfather Javan were my grandfathers, but she was just laughing at me.

She put ribbons on my pigtails and she let me wear a blue dress with ruffles. Nilagyan niya rin ng blue ribbon ang neck ni Leo. He tried to remove it but when my eyes narrowed in front of him, he didn't pull away his ribbon.

A bell and a ribbon are beautiful on Leo's white fur.

"Good morning, Grandfather Sul! Grandfather Javan!"

Before I went to my seat, I gave Grandfather Sul and Grandfather Javan a kiss on their right cheek. The maids were serving us food, but I noticed that Kezalli was still not around.

"Where is Kezalli?"

"Humans are always late," sagot ni Grandfather Sul.

I was about to jump off my chair to get Kezalli in her room when I heard her familiar hurried footsteps. Her hair was still wet and messy, and her breathing was hard, but she gave me a wide smile. She quickly pulled her chair and sat there confidently while both of my grandfathers were watching her.

"Since you're still a human, you have to base yourself on your natural strength and talent."

"I know how to use arrows. You've seen it."

"But you witnessed how I stopped it. Regular arrows will not affect any enemy in the other world unless you add something to it."

"Should we put poison on my arrows? I can also hang something on it to add some damage. A small bag of gunpowder, perhaps? And then, I can throw arrows with fire. I know that I am just an archer and I don't have that vampire strength and speed, but I guess I can improvise."

I clapped when Kezalli said those words with a smile on her face. She even took a grapefruit and swallowed it confidently in front of my grandfathers.

Grandfather Javan looked impressed, but Grandfather Sul still had that sour impression, he's always like that for everyone.

"Tell me about your arrows, then."

"Oh, aside from I've changed a lot of bows and arrows since I've been destroying them as time goes by, I've been training to use them since I was still a child. According to my grandparents, usually, women or us, known as goddesses from the mirror already have a natural ability, blessed by the blue fire, there's something powerful with our mixed blood, and our presence, it would not be hard for you to explain me everything. I have the proper knowledge. At tulad nga ng napag-usapan natin, you don't have to think about my possible resistance, I will help them within my power."

"That's good to hear. Eat a lot and we'll be evaluating your ability with your arrows."

Unlike yesterday when she looked so stressed. Kezalli's aura felt so bright and warm—as if she was a new person.

"Maybe Kezalli just needs a proper sleep," bulong ko kay Leo.

Kezalli ate so much food, that my grandfather and I were just waiting for her to finish before she stood up and announced that she was ready for her training.