Chapter 37

Chapter 37: Little Cottage

"Mama?"

No, she's not Mama, but she looks exactly like my Mama. I ran towards her and started hitting her legs while crying.

"Y-you stabbed my Mama! I hate you! You hurt my Mama! She's so kind and you hurt her . . ." I kept on hitting her while crying.

I saw blood on her chest, tears, and the way she tried to save me. Mama looked so helpless and all I did was call her name. I hope that my Mama's safe and Papa's there for her.

"I didn't stab your Mama. And I saved you because she's too weak."

"W-what? My Mama's the most powerful priestess in the empire!" I shouted.

"But she failed to protect her own daughter?"

I hit her again. "Y-you're so bad!"

"If I didn't arrive on time, Atlas' minion might have abducted you, pretending to have my presence to make me evil, and to manipulate your father's emotion to a promise made out of whim. After all, that demon knows how to play everyone's emotional weakness."

I am starting to wipe the tears from my cheeks. I can't understand her.

"Papa? Who is Atlas? What does he want from me?"

The woman who looked like Mama, slowly crouched down until she leveled my eyes. "I am your grandmother. I am Cyanara."

I bit my lower lip and cried in front of her. "If you are my grandmother why did you hurt my Mama? Why am I here? You should bring me back to my parents, they are worried about me."

"I can't. Because your parents are in trouble right now."

"That's because you kidnapped me!"

"I saved you from Atlas. His minion was the one who stabbed your mother, but right now I think your father's blaming himself for this kind of promise I asked him out of whim because that's how Atlas plays his cards."

"W-what promise?"

"Hmm. . . your Papa disappeared once because of a curse, he was sent to a faraway land, and there he met me. He was trapped in a place that he shouldn't have, but I agreed to help him if he'll promise me that he should offer his firstborn to me. He has to give you to me."

I kept wiping my tears on my cheeks. "P-papa sold me. . ."

"Yes. So, are you going to stay with me right now?"

I shook my head. I wiped my tears again and held my head high. "Papa, should apologize to me! I will not stay here! Help me as well, I will return to Parsua Sartorias! And I will sell Papa to you!"

She laughed. "You are as stubborn as your father, Divina. But aren't you mad about your Papa's decision?"

"Sabi ni King Dastan, Papa might have some impulsive decisions in his life, and maybe this is one of it. During the visits of that unknown presence, Papa looked so stressed and too guilty every time that he stares at me. I know that he's already regretting his decision. And I know that Papa loves me so much! I am sure that he's up for a mission to save me."

"You really love your Papa," she said with a small.

"Who else can love him if Papa can't love himself?"

She sighed, she flicked her finger and the window high above transferred to the lower level of the room where I could see the beauty of the outside.

When she walked there, I followed her and looked outside too. I thought the place would be just white and gold like the room, but it has greenery fields, fresh flowers, and even butterflies. We're like in a small village away from the busy city, there's a watermill, a small river, and some children playing outside.