Chapter 68

While writing this chapter, I can't help but feel emotional, when I started writing His Bite, the story that started it all, in this Nemetio Spiran universe, I never thought that it would take this long because I just tried and got inspired when I read this vampire story from Wattpad(read Angeltwist stories), but after writing His Bite, it made me realize my genre— that if readers will hear my name, I want them to think about my Gazellian, Venom and other fantasy stories.

Thank you for still reading this series, I know that it's a long journey, with a series of puzzles and mysteries, but I hope you'll enjoy it until I reach the last book(which is super tagal pa).

I realized rin pala na if you're here in this chapter that means you've been here since His Bite era (sana), dahil hindi ko alam kung paano ninyo na-e-enjoy ang chapters without reading the previous installments.

Thank you. I love writing this series so much, and I am glad that some readers fall in love with it. Happy reading.

Chapter 68: Campfire

As Kezalli extended her hand, when my legs slumped on the ground, the sudden scene of us years ago flashed inside my mind, how I bent my knees to meet her innocent eyes, how my hands trembled while delicately holding her scarred little hands and the way those tears glided down my cheeks.

The way I begged for her to witness this beautiful day.

And it wasn't just for her mate— but for me, who has been waiting for her.

I bit my trembling lips, and I felt the familiar ache in my chest, but with a sigh of relief.

To see us both in this situation made me realize that time really flies, the grown woman, another goddess from the prophecy had already crossed the mirror, and she's now here in front of me, with her hand extended to help me.

"It's good to see you again, Claret. I am here now."

At bago ko pa man tanggapin ang kamay niya, lahat kami naagaw ang atensyon sa panibagong pagsabog mula sa palasyong pinanggalingan natin.

"It will only affect the barrier," King Tobias said casually.

Hinayaan ko ang sarili kong alalayan ni Kezalli. I noticed that she was a bit taller than me, and unlike me who suddenly adapted the pale skin of vampires, Kezalli's skin was still a little bit tanned, but glowing. Even her hair didn't grow longer like the average vampire, but I am sure that King Tobias already had his mark on her.

"Should we attack again?" tanong ni Rosh na agad ngumiwi nang mapasulyap ulit sa kapatid niya.

"It will have a series of explosions for an hour, we have to wait for a little bit," sagot ni Tobias.

Tumigil na sa pagtawa ang mga itinakdang prinsipe at lumapit sila sa amin. Divina quickly opened her arms for her father. And she started whispering in his ears while glancing at King Tobias.

Our silly daughter seemed to be enjoying sharing her stories, but Zen was looking annoyed as she whispered more.

Seth widely smiled at Kezalli, while Blair made a small nod again.

I could see how Kezalli felt uncomfortable having the attention from all of us. Dahil nasa tagiliran na siya ni Tobias, bahagyang nakatungo habang bahagyang nakahawak sa damit nito na bahagya nang humiwalay sa kanyang katawan.

I saw how King Tobias shifted his attention to Kezalli when she tugged his black fitted shirt, the way he gazed at her with concern, how he carefully placed one of his hands on her waist, and how he whispered some words as if they weren't alone. "Are you thirsty?"