Chapter 28

Chapter 28: Connections

When Rosh threw his threats, the devil did laugh in front of us as the lightning and thundered roared outside the old castle. His huge shadow with his enormous horn overpowered the whole room.

This was the reason why Adolfo has been kidnapping all those kids— for his daughter, but why he was dazed as if he wasn't aware of his wrong doing? Kung alam niyang hawak ng demonyo ang kanyang anak, hindi ba't hindi na niya kailangan pa mapasailalim sa kapangyarihan ng iba para gawin iyon?

Is there any other reason for Adolfo to kidnap those children aside from saving his daughter?

Adolfo's daughter was slumped on the floor, with her palms pressed and his endless tears flowing down the back of her hands. Her shoulders were shaking and her black long hair was covering her face.

I diverted my eyes away from her when I saw the rusting chain around her small neck and the visible bruises on every part of her skin. She was beautiful but the pain and torture she had experienced in this place made her look unsightly— the look of death and defeat.

"Humihingi ako nang tawad. Ako ang siyang dahilan kung bakit kayo nakulong sa mga katawang iyan. I've sent someone to spike your drinks and trapped you in this mess. I couldn't think of any way but ask for your help. Her brother's help, the Thundilior from this empire, someone's looking for Cynara, and the vampire who has the demon blood," she said shakily.

Nang marinig ko iyon muli akong napalingon sa anak ni Adolfo. Does it mean that this situation has something do to with Claret's mother who kidnapped my daughter?

Thought I already had an idea that the disappearance of those children might have a connection with my missing daughter, but I couldn't just connect the dots.

Seth beside me painfully laughed after he heard her words. He might not be a pureblooded demon, but to see someone in his blood in this disgusting situation, made his blood boil. "How I wished that we never carry the same blood. . ."

Natigil sa pagtawa ang demonyo dahil sa naririnig niyang pag-iyak at pilit na pagsasalita ng anak ni Adolfo. "So, you still have the strength, dear girl?"

Rosh, Blair, Seth, and I tried to struggle and save her when the demon started to take a stride towards her, but Blair's sister— Mitchell took the initiative and walked passed him.

"Let me do it."

Bago pa tuluyang makalapit ang demonyo sa anak ni Adolfo, Mitchell Thundillior attacked her. Pumangibabaw ang kapatid ni Blair sa katawan ng anak ni Adolfo at sinimulan niya itong sakalin.

"S-Stop it!" sigaw ni Blair.

The helpless woman was choking to death as she tried to hit Mitchell's arms, clawing her face as her legs started to kick desperately.

"Stop! Stop it! Y-you bitch! I'll let you beheaded once I escaped this fucking circle!" sigaw ko.

Para kaming mga baliw apat na pilit kumakawala sa bilog na nagliliwanag na siyang nasa ilalim namin, ngunit wala man lang kaming magawa. Dahil sa pilit naming pagkawala sa paghigpit ng tila tali sa leeg namin at pag-init ng liwanag sa aming katawan na tila kami ay pinapaso.

I could see the fresh tears gliding down her eyes.

This seal around us should be cast away, Adolfo's daughter made this circle, but it didn't even falter. Dahil sa kabila nang pilit naming pagkawalang apat ay pilit itong lumalakas. Until I noticed the red ring on the demon's hand. I initially thought that the red strings that moved toward our circle were Blair's power that would help us to escape, but it came from his hand.