Prologue

Prologue

I'd seen everything that her eyes had been searching for. I've heard everything that her ears have been wanting, and I've felt everything that her whole existence has been longing for.

I continued staring at her as the snow continued to fall from the sky. She's been there, standing in the broad field with the white grace of my power. Both of her hands clasped together from her back. Her half-tied hair danced with the snow as the wind gently blew as if she was part of nature.

My small eyes inside this young body glowed in red as I manipulated the snow to witness the innocence outsidethe window. Slowly, she spread her arms to feel the cold yet calmness of the snow, and made a slow rotation of her body with a sweet smile on her face.

This body with this damn young emotion made me blush like a young boy while admiring the innocent, pure, and magnificent woman. No wonder why Claret got that divine beauty...

She's dreamingly playing with the snow while waiting for her mate, Claret's father.

She's the beautiful goddess who brought my Cordeltonto life. The woman of the mysteries of the past, her unanswered questions, undiscovered sacrifices, unforgotten pain, unspoken words, aer unfinished stories.

I removed myself from the window when I saw the shadows of Sullivan. Claret's idiot father, who wanted to kick my damn ass the moment I stepped inside their house. If I had the power, I could easily make him the hardest ice sculpture. There's no way Claret inherited something from him. It would always be from her beautiful mother.

It's been weeks when the blue fire sent me inside this past. Hanggang ngayon ay hindi ko alam kung ano ang gagawin ko, o itatama sa nakaraan.

Everything seems so well, except Sullivan, the bastard antagonist.

And the blue fire made this damn past complicated because a few days ago, she did visit my dream and made me this damn mute.

Walang lumalabas na salita sa aking bibig at ang tangi ko lamang nagagawa ay tumango kapag kinakausap ako. Dahilan kung bakit mas nagniningkit ang mga mata sa akin ni Sullivan, lalo na at nakakapagsalita ako nang una nila akong matagpuan.

In Claret's mother, I was a fragile handsome kid lost in the forest. But in his father, I was a dangerous, filthy vampire with ulterior motives.

"Bakit kaya hindi na makapagsalita si Zen? Stop scaring him, Sullivan! I told you he's just a kid," I told her my name when my voice was still working.

"Uh-huh?"

Natigil sila sa pag-uusap nang pumasok sila sa kanilang maliit na tahanan. I wonder why this Sullivan couldn't bring Claret's mom somewhere comfortable, why inside the forest? Probably poor.

Ah, my baby's lucky to be mated with a royalty like me.

"Oh, you're awake!" She greeted me with a smile.

Nagkatitigan muli kami ni Sullivan. But Claret's mother blocked our view together.

"May snow sa labas, Zen! Let's go outside! A boy like you should play!" I groaned inside my mind.

No way.

She held my hand and pulled me outside the house. She tried to play with me by throwing snowballs. And to satisfy her, I made my own without using my damn power.

Tumatawa siya sa akin kapag natatamaan niya ako ng ibinabato niya, habang ako ay nagkukunwaring hindi makatama sa kanya.

Habang tumatagal nakikita ko si Claret.