Chapter 50

Chapter 50: Escaped

The mixture of twirling black and bluish globe around us with intensified wind hovered all over the place, the flickering blue light like crawling lightning, and the anguish of villagers as the healing blue dust continued to rain over us.

With Atlas's black sword piercing inside my body and my right arm penetrating his chest, reaching his back, with our bodies drenched together with our own blood, sweat, and now with drips of cold water— a beautiful woman appeared in front of my eyes.

The portal I've made behind Atlas brought a sleeping woman, with her body covered by a water bubble, clothed with a silk white dress, fluttering black hair, skin as white as snow, lips as red as blood, and a glowing heart.

I could feel the familiarity of the presence of the woman.

"Y-You bitch!" sigaw ni Atlas. "Veda. . ." he whispered.

The body of the sleeping woman with her wide open arms was starting to embrace Atlas from his back— a movement that would surrender her heart with my hand on Atlas' chest.

Atlas desperately tried to pull away, but even with the intense pain in my left hand, I tightened my grip around the blade of his sword to hold his position, blood spilled from my hand and body as I pushed my right arm forward to reach the heart of the sleeping woman.

I could bear all this pain— because I knew that Atlas was an opponent who would surely give us more pain if I couldn't finish or give him great damage right now.

Sa kabila nang nararamdaman ko sa babae, mas namayani ang kagustuhan kong tapusin ang buhay ni Atlas.

But as Atlas struggled against me with the tips of my fingers that were about to reach the chest of the woman, he whispered those words that I wished he never did.

"Please, no. . . You will kill her. She is a Le'Vamuievos."

The light coming from the glowing heart of the woman in front of my eyes suddenly blinded me and the coldness of the dripping water turned warmer, as if tears were slowly drenching us together.

And when I forcefully opened my eyes again, I was no longer in the middle of killing Atlas and the woman who has his heart. At natagpuan ko na lang ang sarili ko sa pusod ng isang kagubatan, sa harap ng isang mahabang ilog, tanaw ang asul na kalangitan sa gitna nang nagtataasang mga puno at nagliliparang mga ibon.

Nanghihina akong napasalampak sa lupa at pilit tinakpan ang mukha ko.

I shouldn't be here. I shouldn't look at his past and be vulnerable. I tried to close my eyes to return back at the reality, now that I mustered all my strength to kill him and cast away the feeling of her familiar presence, and the name that Atlas whispered.

I shouldn't witness anything because this might be his way to overpower me— dahil alam niyang mahina ang katulad ko sa ganitong paraan.

But the sweet voice of a woman finally convinced me that I could no longer return to the present without witnessing their pass.

Nanghihina kong ibinaba ang mga kamay ko ngunit nanatili akong nakasalampak sa lupa at pinagmamasdan ang babaeng nakatalikod at nakaharap sa umaagos na ilog.

"Do you know that this river is connected to the Sea of Eronia and that mysterious cave in Sartorias?"

Veda Le'Vamueivos is in her white fluttering dress. She dressed differently from the usual royal princess with elegant stones, intricate designs, and brightly colored gowns.

At first glance, no one would ever think that she was a vampire—but a forest fairy in daylight. She has long white gloves from her hand until it reach the arm puff of her dress just a few inches below her exposed shoulders, her bared neck, and even her half-exposed chest could make every man gasp.