Chapter 74

Hi, angels! I know that I've been inactive for so long with my manuscripts that needed to be edited, but here I am again! I hope you're still here, waiting for my on-going stories. huhu. Thank you for your patience. 

Chapter 74: Cookies

With my small eyes, I've seen a lot of things, from Papa's scary fangs and eyes, my bad-tempered grandfather, a statue that turned into life, bad witches, ghosts under the bridge, dragons, moving skulls and zombies, bad goddesses, and different creatures that deemed to be scary— but for me, they aren't scary at all.

That's why when I met Atlas with his handsome face, big horns, red eyes, and bat-like wings with fires and shadows behind him, and when he told me that I should fear him, I realized that Divina's really a brave and strong girl.

Kasi si Papa lang ang scary, his big fangs, red eyes, big veins, an annoyed voice that kept calling me sutil, and long nails. Sometimes si King Dastan when he has that eye that rolls as if he's about to snap my little fangs for being sutil again.

When I saw how Atlas swayed his hand, a move that he was about to send us away again, I panicked, because Kezalli and I promised to everyone that we'd help them, but all I did was eat cookies, drink milk, say thank you to him, and adores him because he was handsome.

"You have to go. And when everything is settled, we will meet again, little princess."

"No!" Kezalli and I said in unison.

Before he could even cast us away from him, I knew that Aunt Lily would hate me for jumping on the dining table because that's not princessly at all, but that was the only way to stop Atlas from sending us away.

I quickly hopped on the table and threw myself with my arms spread open to catch Atlas. His eyes widened, "W-What the hell?" he desperately pressed his body on his seat as if that would save him from me.

"D-Divina!" sigaw ni Kezalli.

But before I could reach him on his seat, he transported himself beside one of his column torches, my little hands grabbed the backrest of his seat and the chair rocked a little that I thought would fall, not until Kezalli stood up and hold it for me.

"Be careful, Divina. . ."

I giggled. "I am sorry, Kezalli. He's bad. We're still in the middle of our conversation and he's already sending us away."

"Because he's afraid that we'd win this match."

I was already standing on Atlas' seat, my hands on my waist while my head was looking around. I stomped one of my feet. "Yes! We're not done with him."

Kezalli grinned at me, but she gently touched my arm. "But you should be careful of him. He's dangerous. He's a murderer."

"I am," dagdag ni Atlas.

He's now with his bat wings, horns, and black eyes. His arms were crossed and he seemed quite on guard in his position that someone from us might attack him.

Isn't he more powerful than us?

Kezalli and I glanced at him for a moment, he looked annoyed and irritated as he watched us. Divina standing in his seat, and Kezalli is standing as well.

Kezalli and I ignored him and faced each other again. "But you're not afraid of him as well, Kezalli."

"Because I've seen scary things in my life. A handsome and bad-tempered demon is nothing. Plus, he's generous. I can't quite hate him for real," she said the last few words in a whisper.

Kezalli took her cash money and she pocketed it somewhere in her clothes.

"Right, because he's handsome, he gave milk and cookies," I added.