Chapter 43 - Somehow (1)

However, the inside of the carriage was already chaotic. Cale looked toward Neo, whose legs were shaking, and internally clicked his tongue. Neo seemed to be frantic and full of concern. The majority of the nobles looked chaotic.

'Venion's face was a mess too.'

Cale recalled Venion Stan's face that he peeked at before getting on the carriage. Venion was full of rage.

Who would have ever expected this?

Taylor Stan, the eldest son of the Stan family that was pushed aside, was walking on his own two feet without a wheelchair. Furthermore, a person from the Stan family was standing next to the crown prince, Alberu. Nobody could have expected such development.

'He managed to trade for the Healing Star.'

Cale was curious about what Taylor and Cage traded with the crown prince for the Healing Star, but he did not look toward Taylor.

Neo Tolz was sitting there shaking his leg, without even looking at Taylor. At that moment, Amiru started to speak.

"Young master Taylor, have your legs completely healed?"

The cautiously stated question directly asked the question that everyone was thinking about. Taylor started to smile as he responded.

"It was a blessing from heaven. It is completely healed."
"Congratulations."
"Thank you very much."

Ahem, mm.

Neo Tolz let out some fake coughs before looking back and forth between Taylor's face and Taylor's legs. He then cautiously started to speak.

"Young master Taylor, will you be returning to the Marquis's estate now that your legs have healed?"

The biggest reason Taylor was pushed aside was because his legs became paralyzed. Neo and the other nobles were probably curious as to whether or not Taylor would return to the estate to fight for the successor position once again.
Especially since Neo was one of Venion's lackeys.

Taylor looked toward Neo, and started to speak.

"Return?"

It was a gentle voice, but there was firmness and coldness toward Neo hidden within Taylor's voice.

"That has always been my home. Isn't it obvious that I belong there?"

Neo shriveled up even more at the coldness in Taylor's voice. However, Cale chose not to even look at them. Cale could see Taylor's reflection through the window every so often.

Of course, Taylor didn't make it obvious to the others, making it look like he was just looking out the window like Cale as well.

Cale could read the message Taylor was trying to send him when their eyes met.

'Young master Cale! I want to tell you everything! It is a very interesting story.' ( Quite a lot of content to get out of a single gaze... )

Cale was still stoic after seeing Taylor's sparkling gaze. Cale just hoped for Taylor to take over the Marquis position and prevent any harm from happening within his territory.

That was why he did not want to talk to Taylor. However, an opportunity soon appeared for Taylor and Cale to chat.

"Ahem, then I will step out now."

As soon as the carriage arrived outside the Plaza of Glory, Neo Tolz rushed out of the carriage to get away from them. Since he made it very obvious that he worked for Venion, this was a really awkward place for him to be. He probably also wanted to report Taylor's current situation to Venion right away.