Chapter 141 - In the Middle of the Night (3)

Silence filled the area for a moment.

Harol was still quiet while someone was whispering in prince John's ear as he observed Cale and the Whales.

Witira started to speak at that moment. She seemed more confident than ever while looking at the leaders of the four kingdoms. She did not even bow toward them.

"My name is Witira and I am here as the representative of the Whale tribe. We came at the invitation of our benefactor, young master Cale. Nice to meet you."

She was respectful, but still showed her status. It was only obvious that she acted this way as the Whales were the greatest faction in the ocean, especially after defeating the mermaids. As the future Queen of the Whales, there was no reason for her to be subservient to these four leaders.

Furthermore, they were the tribe that was known to be the strongest after the Dragons. The people present could all see the whip wrapped around Witira's forearm.

Cale watched all of this with satisfaction. He had asked Witira to do this.

'Set the tone for the meeting.'

Witira properly set the tone as an influential member of a strong tribe. Paseton and Archie stood behind her with stoic expressions to help set the tone as well.

The warriors and the respective members of each Kingdom probably have a strong impression of the Whale tribe now. Their impression of the Roan Kingdom that was able to bring the Whale tribe to this meeting should have improved as well.

'Not bad.'

Cale was satisfied with how things were going and slowly looked around. He then suddenly flinched.
Litana, who had been anxious until a moment ago, was looking at him.

'Hmm?'

She was smiling at Cale as if she was looking at something very magical. Cale could not handle such a bright smile, so he turned his head away only to make eye contact with Harol, who was also smiling at him.
Harol was giving Cale a similar look that Litana had given him.

'Why are all these people like this?'

Cale could not understand why they were looking at him like this. It was at that moment.

Clap!

A soft clap echoed through the area. Everyone's gazes turned toward the source of the clap.
Crown prince Alberu Crossman received everyone's gazes as he started to speak.

"Let us go in and have a longer chat."

Prince John agreed with Alberu.

"I believe we need to do so. There is too much information being thrown at me at once. My mind is a bit chaotic right now."

Contrary to what he was saying, John's expression was calm. It was completely different than the anxious expression on the face of his youngest brother Pen, who was behind him.

Alberu nodded his head at John and looked toward Litana.

"Queen-nim, it looks like we need three more chairs."

Litana nodded her head.

"Chairs for the three Whale tribe guests, right?"

Litana looked toward Bin and started to speak.

"Bin, bring a fourth chair for young master Cale while you are at it."
"Queen-nim, young master Cale is accounted for in the three chairs."
"Excuse me?"

Litana turned her head back toward Alberu as she asked. Alberu was saying that Cale was included already.

'Will only two of the Whales sit down?'