Chapter 164 - Somehow Once Again (4)

Alberu started to frown.

"Why?"

He first asked for Cale's reasoning.
He could see Cale Henituse beckoning him to come closer to the bed. He wanted to scoff, but decided to play along since Cale was a patient.

Cale lowered his body toward the crown prince and whispered in his ear.

"Sir Rex has decided to join us."

'Rex?'
Alberu could not recall who that was. However, seeing Cale's red hair made him remember Rex.

Alberu looked toward Cale.

"You crazy bastard."

He could not help but swear. The Dark Elf Kora next to him flinched but returned to normal after seeing the expressions on the faces of Cale's guard knights.

"Why?"

Cale responded after hearing Alberu asking him once more.

"I'm sure some information about Sir Rex has spread to at least the nobles in the capital."

Alberu nodded his head. Even a foreigner like him had received information about the knight named Rex. Alberu recalled the information he had been given.

A knight originally from the slums.

"...The slums?"

Cale responded to Alberu's slowly forming train of thought.

"He is someone who escaped from the Alchemists' Bell Tower and knows the truth."
"...We need to save him."

Cale quickly added on.

"I already saved him."

Cale could see Alberu falling into a state of deep thought.

Alberu did not know about the divine items.
However, he knew about most of the other things.

The Saint and the Holy Maiden.
The Alchemist who is not a part of the Bell Tower.

Cale had learned about the Alchemists' Bell Tower and the Empire's plans through them. That was why Alberu instantly understood the value of Sir Rex.

Alberu started to speak.

"What does that person have to do with you stepping forward as a hero? Don't you hate being in the spotlight?"
The Cale that Alberu knew did not like being the center of attention.
Cale admitted to it.

"I definitely hate it."

A lot of restrictions are placed on you if you are the center of attention. You also have to pay attention to how you act around people. Even if Cale was the type that did not care about what other people thought, not being in the spotlight was the best way to live a quiet slacker life.

However, it was okay this time.
Cale responded to Alberu, who was looking at him.

"But it is okay this time. I plan to put heroes forward in the future that will make the people forget my name."

"Ha."
Alberu brushed his face with his hand.

"I guess you plan on making Rex a hero as well."

Cale started to smile.

"We will make the people lose faith in the crown and the nobles. Shouldn't we have someone to fill their spot?"

Alberu did not say anything. He agreed with Cale's sentiments.

"A knight from the slums. Also, the person who attacked the Vice Tower Master in order to reveal the truth hidden within the darkness."

Alberu's gaze turned similar to Cale's gaze.