Chapter 118 - Nice to Meet You (1)

Cale met Tasha at an inn outside of the capital.

"The basement has been completely redone."

It was the same inn that Cale had used the last time he was in the capital when he delivered the bracelet to Alberu. Cale had heard that Alberu had purchased this inn. Currently, the ground floor of this building was an inn as usual, while the basement was being used to house the mages.

'There are a lot of mages.'

The basement had three levels in total, with approximately 30 mages running around getting things done. They all flinched once they saw Cale's group before they respectfully bowed toward Rosalyn and then disappeared.

Because this was all being done in secret, there were a lot of advanced magic devices throughout the area. The newest defense magic was purchased in order to fortify the basement as well. Tasha, who was the same height as Cale, lifted her head toward Cale and asked.

"Young master Cale, isn't this place wonderful?"

Cale could tell that Tasha was joking, and so he played along.

"I think our Henituse Castle will be much better."
"Really?"

Tasha waved her hand and started to laugh.
There was no way that was true.
This was an area made with the help of the talented mages from the Whipper Kingdom. The Whipper Kingdom was known for their magic devices. There was no way anywhere in the Kingdom could match up to the basement in front of them.
That was why Tasha knew that Cale was joking. He probably just said that because he loved his home very much.

"Come on young master Cale, this is much nicer than the Henituse castle. Although this may not be the best location, it has the newest magic devices. As you already know, the number of magic devices are currently dwindling. Of course, there is an anonymous merchant monopolizing and selling a lot of magic devices. I wonder where he got all of those magic devices from."

It was as Tasha said. That was why the fact that Alberu was creating a place for the mages to develop magic devices would be beneficial for the Roan Kingdom in the future.
That was also why Tasha was looking at Cale with pride. However, she slowly started to realize something was off. Cale, who was looking back at her, seemed to be half serious with what he had said.

Tasha looked toward Rosalyn, whom she had seen quite frequently these past few months.

'Hmm?'

Tasha then flinched after seeing Rosalyn standing there with an awkward smile. That made Tasha look over at the rest of Cale's group. There was Beacrox, who was still carrying the paralyzed Balbud, as well as Ron, Choi Han, Lock, On, and Hong. All of them were looking around with indifference.

Their unexpected reactions made Tasha look back at Cale, who was smiling. That smile made Tasha become uncertain as she started to speak.

"Uh, mm, young master. Really?"

Did the Henituse Castle really have more magic devices than this basement?
Although she did not manage to get the whole question out, Cale casually answered back.

"I'm not joking."

Rosalyn nodded her head in agreement.

"Haaaaa."

Tasha let out a sigh. The Roan Kingdom was not known for having a strong presence of magic. But the Henituse territory, the one that was located in the farthest corner of the continent, had all of the newest magic devices?

At that moment, Cale approached her and whispered in her ear.

"Didn't his highness tell you that he would get a part of the blueprints for a Magic Tower for you?"