Chapter 175 - Tricked? (3)

The hidden knights approached Guardian Knight Clopeh who was watching Cale walk away.

"Captain-nim, should we look into him?"

Clopeh did not respond to his trusted subordinate's question and instead simply continued to observe the priest who was walking into an area with a small number of people.

"Captain-nim."

Clopeh nodded his head after being called once more.

"Just do some basic investigation for now."

'Basic?'
The two knights beside Clopeh's trusted subordinate were shocked at this response. The priest was mysterious and suspicious. The usual Clopeh would have told them to do a thorough investigation, so saying to do a basic one was surprising.
Only the trusted subordinate immediately bowed his head.

"I understand."

The trusted subordinate understood what Clopeh meant by basic.

It was to literally figure out who he is.
That was what Clopeh meant by basic. Doing a thorough investigation meant to find out everything, including their weaknesses, traumas, and anything that might be useful.

That was why this trusted subordinate made up his mind to only figure out the identity of the priest. Clopeh, however, was worried after giving the command.

'...I hope I'm not committing heresy.'

He was worried that he might offend a god by looking into this mysterious person. On the other hand, Clopeh himself did not know just how he might end up offending a god.

He gave an order to the two knights beside his trusted subordinate.

"Follow him."

The white-haired priest had disappeared into the eastern forest. The knights quickly moved to follow Clopeh's command to chase after the priest.

However, Clopeh could not help but receive an odd report from the knights a few minutes later.

"Captain-nim, he is not there."
"What?"
"His footsteps gradually became lighter starting from the entrance of the forest until they disappeared without a trace."

Clopeh's expression became odd.
One of the knights started to speak with a serious expression.

"Is he perhaps a mage?"
"Maybe a mage who disguised himself as a priest used flight magic?"

Clopeh sternly shook his head.

"No, I did not feel any mana. He was also not at the level to use flight magic. He was a weakling."

The knights had no reason to doubt sword master Clopeh's observation, but they could not help but be bewildered. That person gave off an aura that did not fit a weak person. This was the same for Clopeh as well.

'I didn't see any strong people around either.'
Clopeh was not at the level to tell Choi Han's level of strength nor sense Raon's existence. That was why he started to have a different idea about the priest's identity.

He had just one thought in his mind.

'A messenger of god.'
'Did he perhaps come to share a message from god?'

"What should we do?"

Clopeh did not share his thoughts with his subordinate. The fact that he was a legend fanatic was a secret from others. In fact, people believed that he was an atheist who did not believe in anything.
Clopeh gave an order in a cold voice.

"Let's think about this after we get the entry list for the lake."

His heart was beating wild even if his expression was cold. He then immediately headed for the temple.