Chapter 54 - Currently Thinking (2)

Cale did not want to see Toonka's smiling face. However, Amiru calmly started to explain.

"Bob is from the Whipper Kingdom. He is from a small seaside village and went out to fish when somehow he ended up shipwrecked."

"That is correct. I just live a simple life fishing by the village. Hahahaha. I do not know how I ended up like this."

'A simple life my ass.'

It was unbelievable. Amiru did not know about Cale's thoughts, as she continued to speak.

"That was why he got on a boat and helped us investigate what happened last night."

Amiru's eyes were clear as she looked at Toonka. However, when Cale looked around, there were many negative gazes toward Toonka as well.

A villager from the Whipper Kingdom. Their gazes showed their true feelings about this barbarian. Cale took a quick glance around before making eye contact with Toonka. Toonka started to smile.

"I heard that young master-nim launched a large shield in the capital in order to save everyone. I asked the young lady-nim to bring me with her because I heard that you were a strong person."

Toonka's eyes sharpened at that moment. Cale suddenly had an ominous feeling.

'This is getting dangerous.'

That was why he immediately responded with the following.

"That is why I am currently in recovery."
"...Recovery?"
"Yes. It is a not a strong power. It is very weak."

Amiru added on.

"Yes. Young master Cale overused his power to save everyone. That is why he is touring our territory while he recovers."

Amiru was looking toward Cale with sympathy, admiration, and some other emotions, but Toonka was different.

"Ah, is that the case?"

He seemed to have lost all interest. He then looked at Cale from head to toe before looking away.

'Good. That is how Toonka should act.'

Sacrifice for others? A hero? Toonka was not interested in anything like that. All he cared about and obsessed over was strength. He was the type of person who ignored the people on his own side if they were weak, and even killed them if necessary.
That was why he was called a tyrant.

"Then shall we go?"

Cale nodded at Amiru's question. He could then hear Toonka's mumbling from the side.

"This is weird. I smell a strong person nearby."

He really was crazy. Cale looked up at the empty ceiling.

– I do not smell.

Cale could hear the invisible Black Dragon's voice in his head. Toonka's instincts were even stronger than those of the Beast people. Cale made up his mind that he had to act the weakest he had ever been while he was around Toonka today.

***

"We are currently investigating why the whirlpool may have suddenly disappeared. My father and our territory's mages will all soon arrive as well."

Cale looked out at the calm sea by the central island and played along with Amiru.

"Is that so? I'm glad. I hope we can quickly figure out what happened."

– You are such a good liar.

Cale ignored the Black Dragon's remark as he looked out to the sea with a calm gaze. It was quite chaotic. All of the village's fishermen were out here, as well as the people who came out for the construction of the naval base. They were all looking around and discussing with each other. It was even louder because of the other whirlpools that were still going strong nearby. Cale looked out at all of this and added on.