Chapter 46 - Somehow (4)

Cale was about to get in a carriage with the crown prince. The crown prince was asking Cale for a performance until the end. Naturally, the carriage Cale was on was the crown prince's carriage that was urgently brought over to the plaza.

"Mister Cale, please get on first. For today, you deserve this honor."

The crown prince had a smile on his face that was completely different from his stiff expression from earlier. The crown prince knew that other people were now watching, and needed to keep up the act.

"How could I do that? I cannot get on the carriage before you, your highness. You are the star that shines down on citizens like myself."

– ...Human, is your head okay?

Cale just ignored the Black Dragon's question. The crown prince patted Cale's shoulder and started to speak.

Pat. Pat.

The crown prince was patting his shoulder quite hard.

"It is an expression of my respect for you. Go ahead."

"If that is the case, this lacking citizen will get on first."

Crown prince Alberu was the only one from the royal family who was still at the site of the terror incident. He stayed at the plaza even after the rest of the royal family had gone back in order to command the knights to take care of everything and to show care for Cale. Next to him was Cale Henituse, the man of the hour and the one who will remain etched in the people's minds about this incident.

The sight of the two of them standing together was like a beautiful painting, and it made people think highly of both of them.

Cale got onto the crown prince's carriage and peeked to the side.

The nobles were near the carriage, with the citizens being right behind them. Cale lightly gestured with his eyes to say goodbye to Eric, Gilbert, Amiru, and Taylor before smiling to Neo Tolz, who was blankly staring at him.

Neo Tolz flinched after seeing Cale's smile while Venion, who was standing next to Neo, stiffened up. It was not just him. All of the high-ranking nobles were observing Cale.

'How could that trash gain such a power? No, how could that trash act in such a way?'

They were all sending him gazes that seemed to imply those statements, but Cale ignored them and continued to stare at Neo until Neo flinched and turned away.

'I guess I can get rid of one of his evil minions.'

That was what Cale was thinking as he got on the carriage. His smile then disappeared as soon as he was inside. Crown prince Alberu entered behind him and then ordered his servant.

"Treat the lady over there as a VIP."

Alberu was, of course, talking about Rosalyn. The carriage door started to slowly close and Cale made eye contact with Rosalyn before the door closed completely. Rosalyn's smile seemed reliable.

Click.

The carriage door finished closing and Cale leaned back on the chair.

'The royal carriage really is a different quality. Where do they get such leather for their seats?'

Cale felt the comfort of the seat before turning to look at Alberu, who had also gotten rid of that fake smile from earlier and now had a stoic expression, just like Cale.

"Do you need any healing?"

Cale bluntly responded back.

"My body is healthy, but shouldn't I get the best doctors and priests to take a look? I want to just lay around for about three or four days."