Chapter 137 - Together (5)

One hour passed by.

Siiiiizzle-

A sound similar to something burning filled the room.

"Mm, ugh."

The necromancer Mary started to moan.

'...Scars appear that way.'

Cale bit down on his lips.

– Looks like it hurts.

Raon's sad voice echoed inside of Cale's mind.

Raon was talking about both Mary and Hannah.

The black veins on Hannah's body that looked like they would burst were slowly shrinking. All of the visible areas, including her arms, face, neck, and calves, were all starting to calm down.

In return, lines that look like black spider webs started to appear on her body like tattoos.

It was disgusting. It was ugly.

The lines spread across her body like a riverbed that had been through a long time of drought.

"...Hannah."

The Saint was looking at her with his eyes wide open.

It was at that moment.

"Mm, ugh."

Hannah's body suddenly started to hunch over. A shocked Tasha caught Hannah's body as Hannah's closed eyes started to open. Her pupils were not focused at all.

"C, conscious-."

Mary tried to speak, but she could not speak properly because her entire body was shaking. She seemed to be running out of energy.

Siiizzle.

Mary's hands that were on Hannah's back were creating a path for the dead mana to flow through Hannah's body while absorbing the black smoke coming out of Hannah's body as well.

Siiiiizzle.

Mary's hands were becoming dyed black while burning.

She had been creating a path for dead mana to flow through someone else's body for one hour. That was difficult to do. It was something that only Mary could do, as she was the only human who knew how dead mana flowed through the human body.

A voice started to speak at that moment.

"Hannah."

Cale had walked over next to Hannah's bed. He looked into Hannah's unfocused pupils and started to speak.

"Wake up."

Hannah's fingers slightly twitched.

Hannah still had her golden aura surrounding her body. This showed that she was not completely unconscious.

"...Young master Cale."

Tasha looked at Cale observing Hannah and bit down on her lips.

As a Dark Elf with the darkness attribute, she was not able to help Mary with creating the path through Hannah's body. If she was able to do so, she would have done so to help Mary out many years ago.
Since she could not do anything to help, she had given Mary the book that would let her choose the path of a necromancer. (Pretty sure it was Obante but sure, Tasha. )

"Hannah, you are the one to protect yourself."

Tasha, who had been listening to Cale, put some more strength into propping Hannah up after hearing what Cale had to say. She wanted to save her. She wanted to save this woman that she originally was hesitant about after hearing about her relationship with the Church of the Sun God.