Chapter 53 - Currently Thinking (1)

Cale started to think.

'Should I run?'

But that Whale's pupils were accurately looking at him. He also seemed to be putting strength into his hands, as Cale could see the Whale's fingers digging into the ground. His strength was unbelievable even though he seemed to be close to death.

He had a single question on his mind.

'A Whale tribe member being hurt by mermaid poison?'

An answer quickly floated across Cale's mind.

Mixed blood.

That was the only possible answer.

Cale quickly thought through the contents of, 'The Birth of a Hero.' There were no mixed-blood characters in the Whale Tribe that was almost as low in number as the dragons.

'But there was one that died.'

Cale started to frown and worry.

"Ugh."

The Whale could not crawl anymore. His body started to shake without being able to do anything else. At that moment, Cale heard the Black Dragon's voice in his head.

– Human, are you not going to help?

The Black Dragon doubtingly asked. Cale did not answer the question and stood up. He hated useless feelings and reaching out a helping hand for no reason. However.

"Hey."

Cale approached the mixed blood Whale and crouched in front of him. The Whale human who was shaking on the ground slowly lifted his head.

This long-haired man really lived up to the stories about how the Whales were so beautiful that they made elves look like squids. Such a beautiful man was looking at Cale.

"...Save-"

Cale answered without any sort of emotion in his voice.

"Yes. I'll save you."

A mixed-blood Whale human. Cale knew that it might be more painful for this Whale to be alive than to die in the next few moments. He was sure that the Whale knew this to be true as well. ( (PR: Beastmen shall have their tribes animal capitalized, normal animals shall not) )

Cale recalled the conversation the Whale King had with Lock in the novel.

< "You are a pure-blooded Wolf."
"Why do you say that?"
"My child is not of pure blood."
"Hmm? Noona is not a pure blooded Whale?"
"Not that child. I had a son who was mixed-blood. That was why ... he had a lot of difficulties. He was too weak to live in the ocean."
"Then does he live on land?"
"No. That terrible son of mine left this world before me." >

The Whale Tribe's king and mediator of the ocean was someone with blue hair and blue eyes. Although Cale could not tell for sure because it was dark, the face of the Whale looking at him right now was slightly similar to the face of the Whale King as described in the novel.

Cale looked toward the sea-like blue eyes and started to speak.

"Sleep for a bit. Everything will be fine when you wake back up."

The blue eyes blinked a couple of time before slowly closing. Cale watched the unconscious mixed-blood Whale for a bit, before approaching and inspecting his legs.

"What do you think?"

The Black Dragon revealed itself once the mixed-blood Whale became unconscious and quickly approached the Whale. He then created a small light ball with magic so that they could take a better look at the leg.