Chapter 190 - A Small Goal (5)

Second day of the VIP auction. Billos couldn't help but wonder what he was doing right now.

"A, are you resting today, young master-nim?"
"Yes."
Slurp.
"Ah. I got some on me."

Cale wiped away the sauce near his mouth. He then thought about how he always ate a chicken skewer no matter where he went as he stood in front of a toy store.

"Meeeeeow!"

"Yes, yes. Let's start with the toy store."

They were currently in the southern part of Vegas City, which was the area that was the most densely packed with shops. Many tourists went through this street daily.
Billos peeked toward Vice Captain Hilsman, who was standing behind Cale with an empty magic bag.

'That person is not the type to do that.'

Vice Captain Hilsman.
The Hilsman that Billos knew was an uptight and authoritative person who was aiming for the Captain position.

Such a person was standing with an empty bag for gifts and souvenirs for the Cat children.
Billos could not believe it.

Hilsman and Billos made eye contact. Billos could see a faint smile on Hilsman's face. Why did that smile make Billos think of the sorrow of a worker with a peculiar superior?

Cale did not know about his two subordinates' sorrows as he grabbed the handle of the door to the toy store, the first store they were going to enter in this southern street.

It was the second day of the VIP auction. He didn't have anything special to do today. The magic bag he handed to the Singten Merchant Guild's guild leader had a note about what he needed to do, so Cale did not need to worry about that anymore.

'Mary and Tasha should be making their moves behind the merchant guild leader as well.'

But he didn't want to be at an auction with the theme of Beast people.

If it was not living Beast people, what else could they be auctioning off?

'Humans are the cruelest of all of the races.'

There were weapons and item that once belonged to famous Beast people, however, the majority of the auctioned items were the remains of beautiful or unique Beast people.
For example, a white Lion's pure white hide, accessories made of a Whale's beautiful blue hair, and other things like that.

He couldn't take his Beast children into an auction like that.

Cale started to frown as he pulled open the door. It was at that moment.

Clack!

A kitten paw slapped the back of Cale's hand.
It hurt a bit.

"Meeeeeow!"

It was On.

'...Why is she acting like this?'

On never acted like this. The fact that it was On and not Hong made Cale look at her in confusion. He noticed that On's gaze looked weird.

He felt as if she was thinking he was pathetic and looking at him with pity.
Cale felt weird receiving such a gaze from a twelve-year-old. He quickly turned his eyes toward Hong instead. Hong just seemed to be happy as he was twitching his ears and looking around the toy store.
Cale heard Raon's voice at that moment.

– Human, what are you doing? Hurry up and buy whatever it is you want to buy.

Cale flinched.

'Whatever it is I want to buy?'

Something seemed off.
Cale was thinking about buying toys for the children averaging nine-years-old, but for some reason, it felt as if Raon was thinking he was going here for something he wanted.