Chapter 67 - Wasn't Supposed to Be Like This (4)

That odd sensation continued until Cale arrived at the dinner table. All he said was one sentence.

"I will be visiting the Whipper Kingdom for a bit."

Clang.

The spoon in the hand of his youngest sister, the 7-year-old Lily, fell to the ground. Cale turned to look at Lily after hearing the noise only to see Lily with a pale face and the corners of her lips shaking.

"My teacher said."

Lily didn't even think about picking up the spoon as she continued to mumble.

"The Whipper Kingdom is very scary right now and people die every day. The nobles have to hide and it is even hard to eat yummy food! You can't even sleep in peace! That is what my teacher said!"

Her emotions seemed to be getting stronger as she continued to speak. She then started to frown after looking toward Cale.

"You are not allowed to do that."

Count Deruth cut Lily off and sternly answered. Cale looked toward Deruth with confusion. The crown prince had promised assistance during his travel to the Whipper Kingdom so that he could safely and stealthily get there.

'We will tell your family that you are doing my bidding. There's no need to tell them about the mages or Magic Tower or anything of the sort, right?'

'Of course. Secrets are the best. I also only want my family and the Ubarr territory liege to know of my travels.'
'Naturally. I will have it all prepared.'

Crown prince Alberu then immediately informed Count Deruth that it was a secret mission that he had tasked for Cale.

"Father, it is an order from his highness, the crown prince."
"It doesn't matter."

The good-natured and average looking Count Deruth's face was extremely scrunched up in a frown. Cale looked around to Basen, who was stiff like time had frozen, and then to the only person who looked calm, Violan.
She casually asked once they made eye contact.

"Is this your own decision?"
"Yes. I wish to go."
"Cale."
"Yes?"

Violan put her spoon down and continued to speak.

"You know it is dangerous over there?"
"Yes."

Cale lightly agreed. However, it would be fine with Choi Han, the Black Dragon, Rosalyn, and Lock. Even Hilsman and the 10 Wolf Children were passionately asking him to take them with him, so he didn't think he would be in danger at all.

"Cale, just remember one thing. I am always worried about you, my son. We all worry about you. However."

Violan's gaze suddenly turned sharp.

"We don't care about this kingdom at all."
"Ahem, wife, we need the kingdom to be safe for our family to be safe as well."

Deruth stopped frowning and let out a fake cough. However, Violan ignored it and continued to ask Cale.

"Is this your decision?"

Violan asked the same question once more and Cale immediately responded back.

"I am a Golden Turtle."

Count Deruth recalled what he had said to his son not too long ago.

'We protect anything and everything with our very sturdy shell. However, the most important thing is to protect ourselves.'

He looked toward his son, who seemed calm and relaxed.

"It is most important for me to use my sturdy shell to protect myself."