Chapter 188 - A Small Goal (3)

Shouldn't he move now since he was so happy?

This VIP Auction that took place in February in order to welcome the new year lasted three days and stealthily took place on the top floor of the Golden Tree Casino.

However, it was difficult to call it a, 'secret auction,' because the dates and participants were all easily discovered. Of course, everybody wears masks inside, however, it was still possible to figure out their identities based on Vegas City's guest log.

The reason this was still called a secret auction even though this was the case was because nobody had any idea about what they would auction off until the auction started.

The Golden Tree administrators never discussed the items that were to be auctioned off. It was because they had taken a Vow of Death in front of a priest of the God of Death to keep their mouths shut.

'But there are bound to be rumors.'

If a rare item is discovered in the western continent prior to the secret auction and people are unable to determine who is in possession of the item, the first thing they think about is the secret auction.
Thanks to that, all sorts of rumors spread to the VIPs, as well as the regular citizens.

That was the reason Cale had sent some information to the Singten guild leader and the Caro Kingdom's Sun God bishop.

"Hilsman."

Flick, flick.

Hilsman immediately walked up after seeing Cale motioning for him.

'30 billion counds? Thirty, thir......!'

Although he was moving quickly, the only thing on Hilsman's mind was the number that Cale had just called out.

'Do I need to report this to the Count-nim?'

Hilsman was debating whether he needed to tell Count Deruth Henituse about this because of the large amount of money involved. He had not expected it to be for a sum of money that would be considered large, even for the wealthy territory.
Cale whispered in his ear at that moment.

"Hilsman."
"Yes, yes sir?"

His response made it clear that he was thinking about something else. However, Cale was not the type of liege to make a fuss about such a thing.
Of course, they had not completed a proper knighting ceremony, so Cale was just the liege in Hilsman's mind.

"Do not tell my father about this. I am preparing this as an emergency fund."

'Emergency fund? Isn't this too large of an amount to save as an emergency fund?'

Hilsman could not believe it.

"Don't you already have an idea about what is going to happen later this year?"

"Ah."

Hilsman let out a small gasp.
The upcoming year.

Although he couldn't know about everything Cale did, he had caught onto a few things while following behind him. The things that he could gather the most information about were related to the Empire and the Northern Alliance.
And those, 'Arm,' bastards as well.

Hilsman finally realized what the emergency fund was for. At the same time, he felt as if he could understand what Cale was thinking about.

'He is saving up money in case the Henituse territory or the kingdom ends up in dire straits during the war!'

He now understood why Cale needed such a large sum of money.

It was money for the Henituse territory and the Roan Kingdom.