Chapter 65 - Wasn't Supposed to Be Like This (2)

"But young master-nim, what about your guards? I heard that the Vice Captain and the children will remain in Harris Village to work."

Cale started to frown at Hans's endless barrage of questions. Hans did not care, as he continued on while picking On and Hong up into his arms.

"You said the Vice Captain was staying back to investigate the Forest of Darkness?"

The explosion in the Forest of Darkness. The Vice Captain knew of the cause of the explosion because Cale explained it to him, but the "official" story was that he was staying back to investigate because they were keeping Cale's involvement a secret.

'Young master-nim, I will take care of these tiny roles for now, but I will not remain in this spot forever.'

Cale quickly got rid of Hilsman's comment to him from his mind. It was useless chatter anyways.

"I didn't need them anymore, so I let them go at the entrance."

The Whale siblings had left at the entrance. They naturally had the bottle of swamp water with them. However, half of its contents were with Cale.

Hong's tail was shaking because he was going to get stronger soon. On as well.

"Hans."
"Yes sir."
"Did the crown prince say when I should contact him?"

Cale leisurely asked. However, Hans answered back sternly.

"Immediately. That was what he said."

Cale started to smile. The crown prince must have been really anxious. Cale calmly started to speak.

"Then let's go."

***
Cale sat down on the couch and crossed his legs. The territory's video communication mage peeked toward Cale.

"Is it ready?"
"Ah, yes, yes!"

The mage gulped before continuing on.

"It is possible to speak with his highness right now."

The mage was looking at Cale, the person the crown prince was currently looking for. Compared to how nervous he was, Cale seemed to be very calm.

"Then you can head out now."

The mage quickly bowed and left, although he turned around a few times on his way out due to curiosity. Cale commenced the video communication as soon as the mage left, and a face soon appeared on top of the half transparent orb.

Cale immediately started to speak.

"It is my great honor to speak with the star of the nation, the wonderf-"
– Enough.

The crown prince immediately cut him off, as if Cale's words gave him the chills. Cale had a sly smirk as he quickly stopped talking.

Alberu calmly observed Cale, who was sitting down leisurely, yet in a way that was still respectful, and then got straight to the point.

– What a mess they made in the Breck Kingdom.

Cale's smile became wider. It was what he had been waiting for. Why else would he have hurried over like this? It's not like he enjoying seeing the crown prince's face.

'The crown prince's information network is the most accurate.'

Cale quietly sat there and smiled as if nothing was wrong. Things would all take care of themself.

– Seeing as how you are not saying anything, I guess you're already aware of what happened.

See? All resolved without having to say anything.