Chapter 140 - In the Middle of the Night (2)

Alberu agreed with Cale and they all got on the ship. They then immediately went to the teleportation portal on board.
The Ubarr territory's liege bowed toward Alberu.

"Your highness, I pray for your safe journey."
"I'll see you later."

The Ubarr liege bowed once more toward Alberu before smiling at Cale. Cale lightly bowed before watching the mage activate the teleportation portal.

Zzzzzz-

The magic portal started to shake before being activated.

– Human, I'll head over too! I told gramps Goldie to guard you properly! See you in a bit!
– Bye!

Cale just thought to himself that Raon had left before seeing a light start to pour out from the teleportation portal. He could hear Alberu's voice at that moment.

"Cale Henituse."
"Yes, your highness."
"You just need to be your usual self."
"...My usual self?"

Crackle, zzzzzzz-

The long-distance teleportation portal started to vibrate. Cale did not look at how the world was warping around him, instead, he looked toward Alberu.
Alberu was smiling.

"Yes, just act like your usual self."

'If you do that, then good things will happen.'

Alberu did not say that part out loud.
Cale looked toward Alberu and started to think.

'Then I guess I better be quiet as usual.'

Cale's specialty was blankly staring into nothing for hours without thinking about anything.
Paaaaat!

At that moment, the warped surroundings let out a bright light and covered Cale's vision. A few seconds later, Cal could see that the light was starting to disappear.

Once the light disappeared completely, a salty smell filled their noses, along with the sound of waves crashing against the shore.

"You are the second to arrive."

Cale could see Queen Litana smiling at them. Alberu left the teleportation area and approached Litana.

"Queen Litana, it is nice to see you again."
"We haven't seen each other ever since we last met at the Empire. Crown prince Alberu, you still look, mm, tired."

Alberu started to chat with Litana while Cale slowly moved away from the teleportation portal and looked around.

Litana, as well as her personal guards, were maintaining the teleportation portal at the shore. The mages of the Jungle also put some alarms in the sky.

'Is it over there?'

Cale looked toward the shoreline that still showed the damage caused by the fire even after a year. There was a tent with all sorts of magic devices at the center of the shore. It was dark outside, but the magic lights around it made that area bright.

– Human, hi there! I'm here! Did you miss me?

Cale just nodded his head since he couldn't even see Raon. At that moment, he could see someone other than the Jungle warriors heading toward them.

A familiar face was within the crowd.

– Isn't that Rosalyn's younger brother? The one that I drenched with a water bomb?

It was Pen, the fourth and youngest prince of the Breck Kingdom. Pen and Cale made eye contact with each other and Cale started to smile. Pen flinched before turning away.

'Miss Rosalyn isn't with them.'

Cale had not seen any of the other people before, but he quickly found out why Rosalyn was not there.