Chapter 179 - I Did Pick It Up ... But (1)

However, the voice of the Super Rock disappeared as soon as he landed on the field.

"Isn't this a field?"
"This is the right place."

Cale responded to the invisible Hong's question as he approached the quietest spot in the Estate.

– There are no magic devices!

It was possible because Raon had already informed him in advance.

The Guardian Knight household of Sekka.
Cale naturally had gathered all of the information he could gather about the household. That was why he knew about this spot.

He could immediately tell that this was the, 'field,' that he had learned about.

The person who was the first Duke of the Sekka household as well as the first Guardian Knight. That person had created a front garden, a rear garden, and a small field in the corner.

He personally maintained the field once he became old. He grew all sorts of vegetables, fertilizing them, watering them, and repelling insects in order to keep them healthy.

The way he looked after the small field looked so simple and modest that it became another way to describe the man's demeanor.
That was why the family used this field even after the man's death.

However, the number of people personally using this field went down as the years passed by, and, in the end, it now remained just a part of history, being maintained to look neat but not used for anything else.

But the fact that they would keep this useless field around for the sake of history and maintain it for so long was still a praiseworthy action.

"This is nice."

That was why Cale just walked through the field and commented on its decent condition.

– Human, are we digging?

He ignored Raon's question.

Swooooooosh-

Instead, he focused on the Sound of the Wind.
Cale looked around. He could see the rear garden, as well as the buildings of the estate that were brightly lit but calm, unlike the chaotic plaza. Of course, the people inside probably could not sleep.

He could also see the field.
Finally, he could see a small shed next to the field.

It was a small and old shed.

"...This must be it."

Cale started to smile.
He quickly headed toward the shed. The shed was so small that Cale needed to crouch to enter.

Choi Han watched Cale look at the shed before standing in the field to stand guard.

Tap. Tap.
Choi Han looked down after feeling something tap his shoe. There was nothing there.

"Meeeeeow."

He then heard On's meow. Fog started to slowly appear to cover the area around the field.
Choi Han reached his hand out toward this invisible and reliable ally and On climbed up his arm to sit down on his shoulder.

Cale did not pay any attention to the dark and foggy surroundings as he stood in front of the shed and crouched down. He saw a rusty door.
He tried to pull on the door with all of his strength.

Screech, screech!

"Mm."

It did not move at all.
It seemed to be too rusted to move.

"Ay."
"Meeeeeow."

He heard Raon's sigh and Hong's meow of disbelief. Cale ignored it and let go of the door.