Chapter 170 - Perhaps (5)

Cale clenched his fist.
Crackle, crackle.
He could feel the electricity in his palm.

"Human, why are you trying to use the fiery thunderbolt? I will destroy whatever it is for you! Just tell me!"
"I'm not using it."

Cale lightly pushed away Raon's face and started to walk. He could feel the slightly slippery ice underneath his shoes.
At the same time, a warm breeze that followed the blue light from the token brushed by his face.

"Did something happen?"

Cale waved his hand toward Choi Han, who urgently arrived by his side.

"Not really."
"That's good."

Choi Han responded back before following Cale into the path.

"Do we have to walk far?"

Cale responded back to Paseton's cautious question.

"I heard that we have to walk for a bit."

Eruhaben had told him that the entrance was a bit of a distance from the lake.
Rosalyn looked around the path with curiosity. She could see the snowstorm still raging outside the transparent path. Of course, Hong was gulping while looking at the snowstorm outside the path.

"Young master Cale. It is interesting that a safe path like this appeared as soon as you used the token. I guess the World Tree heard the signal right away."

Rosalyn could not see Cale's face, as she was very excited. Cale played along.

"I'm not sure, but it does seem that way."

That reaction made Choi Han flinch.
However, Cale did not pay any attention to it as he was thinking about what Eruhaben had told him.

'This token will let the World Tree know that you are someone I sent, so a somewhat decent path will appear to prevent you from getting poisoned.'

Eruhaben had definitely said a decent path. However, this path seemed much better than, 'decent.'

'I have a bad feeling about this.'
Cale had a bad feeling, but he was not scared.
The reason for that was because the Super Rock's usual statement when danger approached was not present today.

In fact, the Super Rock asked if he planned on destroying it instead. It had even sounded very concerned when it asked.

Cale looked down at his palm.
The Fire of Destruction was still crackling in his palm. Cale did not return the power back into his body.

'Did he really try to burn up the World Tree?'

Cale recalled the owner of the ancient power that was extremely greedy for money. Furthermore, he also thought about the World Tree that had generously created this safe path for them.

'Maybe this-'

Cale started to smirk.
At that moment, Archie, who had been peeking at Cale, started to speak.

"Young master-nim, have you met Elves before?"
"I have."
"Then you should know how they are, young master-nim."

Archie's expression turned serious.

"Why?"
"The Elves of this lake are worse than any other Elves you've met before."

'Worse?'
Cale remembered how Shickler had said that the Elves here were, 'rude and arrogant.' Archie continued to speak after seeing that he had caught Cale's attention.

"We have met them a few times because they are the closest Elf Village to the Whale tribe and we each have items that the other side needs."
"And?"

Archie let out a sigh.